• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting a darn bike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Not interested in second hand...

Called Halfords and nothing in stock at any store locally. They said it's worse than Christmas x 10. Literally no bikes left.

I managed to find one 50 miles away in Preston for £1,000. My initial budget was £500-£600 but I figured with the tax benefits I might as well.
    What tax benefits?

When I looked you could only get any benefit if you used the bike mostly for business.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

What type of bike are you looking for? Hybrid, Gravel, Road or Mountain Bike?
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        i keep having to remind myself that I'm not going to be racing this year and don't need to buy new bits and pieces for the TT or Enduro bikes
        N+1
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          I was salivating at the SC bikes on there. Never done any downhill racing in my life but I'd love to do it however I know I would also break many bones doing this.

Best I stick to Chess.

qh
          Point the road up and I'll happily climb 10% gradients all day long

Not too keen on the downhill bits though with the state of some roads in these parts!
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            N+1
            Where N<D
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              So the point of this thread isn't your first world problems, is to point out it doesn't take you long to bill a £1000?
              The point of this thread is for you to be your normal dull charmless self.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                The point of this thread is for you to be your normal dull charmless self.
                But his charmlessness is what is so charming! It's a public service benchmark against which all others can be measured.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  But his charmlessness is what is so charming! It's a public service benchmark against which all others can be measured.
                  Appears I've set the bar low
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Appears I've set the bar low
                    And you still manage to squeeze under it.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      And you still manage to squeeze under it.
                      And still not spill a drop of my beer.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X