• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting a darn bike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a darn bike

I could have billed £1,000 for the amount of time I’ve spent searching for a bike (not that long to be fair). But it’s enough to get annoying...

Looking for a Boardman and even the bikes that are “available” on Halfords are actually unavailable

So the point of this thread isn't your first world problems, is to point out it doesn't take you long to bill a £1000?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Genuinely looking for a bike but got a bit side tracked as I was writing the thread and realised I have lost the price of a bike whilst looking for a bike. 1st world problem indeed....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        So the point of this thread isn't your first world problems, is to point out it doesn't take you long to bill a £1000?
        Well, he's proud that he can earn that much in 1 month.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          I could have billed £1,000 for the amount of time I’ve spent searching for a bike (not that long to be fair). But it’s enough to get annoying...

Looking for a Boardman and even the bikes that are “available” on Halfords are actually unavailable
          Plenty for sale second hand on ebay.

Or head down to your local bike shop (or halfords) and see what they have in stock.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Just wait until the TDF starts and they push Boardman bikes (and other tat) in daily competitions...

Assuming it goes ahead in August (I personally doubt it)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Or that he isn't searching during billable hours?

Have you tried wiggle.co.uk?

Comment

It not what bike you have but what you do with it. What is the point of getting an expensive bike that you could worry about it being stolen or vandalised?

Last edited by Paddy; 20 May 2020, 08:40.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Plenty for sale second hand on ebay.

Or head down to your local bike shop (or halfords) and see what they have in stock.
                  Not interested in second hand...

Called Halfords and nothing in stock at any store locally. They said it's worse than Christmas x 10. Literally no bikes left.

I managed to find one 50 miles away in Preston for £1,000. My initial budget was £500-£600 but I figured with the tax benefits I might as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    It not what bike you have but what you do with it. What is the point of getting an expensive bike that you could worry about it being stolen or vandalised?

The best bit about that video is that it wasn't even his bike. He'd borrowed it from a mate for that race.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X