• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What the actual fork have they done to maths?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Don't they just stick them in the tuck shop after learning their 8 times table anymore? Crisps and chocolate bars at 8p a time means we learnt adding up and taking away and money management skills as well.

Made me the man I am.
    And at that point you reached your limit, explains a lot!
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      He had to deal with sums as big as 12p, even 15p, with his under the counter special menu.

Comment

Amateurs. Every self-respecting mathematician will subtract the log of the denominator from the log of the numerator, and raise ten to the power of the result

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
          Amateurs. Every self-respecting mathematician will subtract the log of the denominator from the log of the numerator, and raise ten to the power of the result
          No self-respecting mathematician deals with anything as vulgar as actual numbers.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            He had to deal with sums as big as 12p, even 15p, with his under the counter special menu.

let me guess he moved onto working in something that rhymes with Tuckshop?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              let me guess he moved onto working in something that rhymes with Tuckshop?
              Via the Suckshop (motto: one swallow does not a bummer make)

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Ability to do long division is useful for factorising equations - which in turn can help with differentiation or integration.

Short division is piss easy if you've learned your times tables off by heart from 1 to 12. No need for any subtractions or anything (at least, not to write down).
                Code:
                8729/7
                7 goes into 8 once, so write down 1 
                put the remainder 1 next to the 7 ->17
                7 goes into 17 twice, so write down 2
                put the remainder 3 next to the 2 -> 32
                7 goes into 32 four times, so write down 4
                put the remainder 4 next to the 9 -> 49
                7 goes into 49 seven times, so write down 7.
                No remainder, so we're done.
                That’s the way i tried to do it before I was told I was wrong to be fair given it’s his school work I’m going with what he’s been told as being right for him and his teacher
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Don't they just stick them in the tuck shop after learning their 8 times table anymore? Crisps and chocolate bars at 8p a time means we learnt adding up and taking away and money management skills as well.

Made me the man I am.
                  I thought it was £sd when you were a lad
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    I thought it was £sd when you were a lad
                    It was for me.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                      Being from north of Bury, he had to stop at 12 because he'd run out of fingers.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X