• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London: no new cases in 24 hours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Selective figures:

A record 177,216 coronavirus tests were carried out in the 24 hours to 9am this morning. The figures were announced after Johnson restated his ambition to get the daily total up to 200,000 by the end of this month. The figures have often been criticised as misleading. Statistics on the Department of Health and Social Care’s website show that although there were 177,216 tests, only 60,744 individuals actually got tested during this 24-hour period. The figures now also include tests carried out for survey purposes, including antibody tests to see if people have had the disease. These survey tests account for 23,601 of the daily total.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

There is a suggestion that one of the testing centres (not sure yet, if they mean the places where you get tested, or the places that do the analysis) had some production issues - so the 0 positive is a result of 0 tests done/reported that day.

I'll try and locate some sources other than tin hat types.

M

Comment

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
          There is a suggestion that one of the testing centres (not sure yet, if they mean the places where you get tested, or the places that do the analysis) had some production issues - so the 0 positive is a result of 0 tests done/reported that day.

I'll try and locate some sources other than tin hat types.

M
          That's still 0 positives.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            That's still 0 positives.
            not really... there would be positive cases, just not reported in stats. If they don't process tests over a weekend, the people are still positive on Sat and Sunday aren't they?

M

Comment

not really... there would be positive cases, just not reported in stats. If they don't process tests over a weekend, the people are still positive on Sat and Sunday aren't they?

M
              The stats are for test results not patients / cases.

There will be patients who are never tested who are positive.

Comment

M
                That would entirely depend on who had paid for the stats to be generated.
                England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

But where is this testing going on?

I though that if you have the symptoms you should self isolate in your house.
                  You can't visit a surgery.

So unless you have a car and willing to go for a swab, if they still do those, not quite sure how this is happening?

Another disguised push to get the numpties back to work?
                  you naughty naughty you teasing me

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                    But where is this testing going on?

I though that if you have the symptoms you should self isolate in your house.
                    You can't visit a surgery.

So unless you have a car and willing to go for a swab, if they still do those, not quite sure how this is happening?

Another disguised push to get the numpties back to work?
                    you naughty naughty you teasing me
                    You do realise that neither you, nor anyone else, is forced to go back to work? It's a free country; you can choose, on your own, under your own power, not to go back to work now or ever again in the future.

Of course, there are consequences to that, not least being you'll have no money to buy food, or put a roof over you and your family's head. Or, are you suggesting that only 'key' workers should go to work and you should live the life of Riley safe in your little shell, with all the luxuries of the proceeds of work, but not having to actually do the work?

Like I say - your call. If you don't want to go to work, don't. It really is that simple.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      What was it Winnie said in 1940? "The Battle of France is over. I expect the Battle of Britain to begin .."

2020-05-21 Europe WILL be hit by a second wave of coronavirus because so few people on the continent have any immunity, warns EU's boss on disease control

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X