• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London: no new cases in 24 hours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    What was it Winnie said in 1940? "The Battle of France is over. I expect the Battle of Britain to begin .."

2020-05-21 Europe WILL be hit by a second wave of coronavirus because so few people on the continent have any immunity, warns EU's boss on disease control

That and massive crowds getting pissed on the beach.

Comment

Notice drop in overall cases in the last two days - could be delay processing London data, which would explain everything

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Notice drop in overall cases in the last two days - could be delay processing London data, which would explain everything
        The lab technicians are all either pissed on the beach or dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          The lab technicians are all either pissed on the beach or dead.
          Zero virology results is a clear indicator that society is collapsing under the pressure of the zombie hordes.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Zero virology results is a clear indicator that society is collapsing under the pressure of the zombie hordes.
            Zombie hordes with an interest in catching a few rays on some god-forsaken British beach. Didn't have that in Resident Evil did they?
            Last edited by Whorty; 21 May 2020, 17:52.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The big joke amongst it all is myself and few thousands of other people have been chosen by (I think 4) different London universities doing research with PHE to do home swab tests.

Depending on when the government wants to count the test figures they are sent out on particular days, and results collated on different days.

<rant>So when the government said they were going to reach 100,000 tests they sent my household a bunch of tests even though we were all likely to test negative.

So while you can't get tested in a care home, being discharged from hospital, as a bus driver, etc you can have 2 tests in a month if you are likely to test negative and involved in a universy research project that gives PHE the results. </rant>
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                Zombie hordes with an interest in catching a few rays on some god-forsaken British beach. Didn't have that in Resident Evil did they?
                Quite. As oversights go, it's a biggie...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Posting a test kit and counting on same day it as a test done is fraud - test isn’t done until result is known.

And lets]’s not forget time it takes to get result - there is a good reason they don’t give breakdown by number of days ot took to do test, critical for effective track and trace initiative.

On top of that I am pretty sure their choice of who to test is bad and just wastes valueable resources that are in short supply.

Comment

Zero cases in London?? Good weather comes and the flu goes. Trump called it a long time back.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                      Zero cases in London?? Good weather comes and the flu goes. Trump called it a long time back.
                      Brazil did not get that memo then?

Comment

Working...
                      X