• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

100's of millions will die a horrible death due to Chinese virus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Unfortunately Mordac is suffering from the etymological fallacy. He should consider that next time he drinks a spirit (and consider Genesis 1:2, NAT).
    I was thinking of making a joke concerning the second song on Genesis' first album. But it turns out it's called "In The Beginning".

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    It still does in my house...
    On a more important subject, do you use less and fewer correctly?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I was thinking of making a joke concerning the second song on Genesis' first album. But it turns out it's called "In The Beginning".

I use fewer on less occasions mostly.

Comment

Stop being mean.

Comment

get corona virus done

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            get corona virus done
            "Send it packing" is the preferred boosterism.

Comment

The contemporary meaning is, not to put too fine a point, right, literally by definition. Word meanings change over time. It's usage now that matters.

Nice used to mean silly.
              Silly used to mean worthy or blessed.
              Hussy used to mean housewife
              Egregious used to mean conspicuously good. Now it mean conspicuously bad.

Famously, when Charles II saw Christopher Wren's St. Paul's Cathedral for the first time, he called it "awful, pompous, and artificial." Meaning roughly: Awesome, majestic, and ingenious.

TL;DR - don't be a prat.

Brexit used to mean Brexit.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I had to google that one, it's not part of my Genesis collection (and with very good reason, it's pretty terrible). In future, I will listen to it less often, or on fewer occasions.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I'm vaguely interested in the versions without strings. You can hear the beginnings of the Genesis sound, so for completeness, it's worth it.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                  X