• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will you be voting Boris back in?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will you be voting Boris back in?

Based on his fantastic handling of the Covid-19 pandemic, his superb work on Brexit, the incredible valuable steps to strengthen IR35 and stamp out tax avoidance, does Boris get your vote at the next GE?
    Boris! Boris! Boris!
    34.21%
    Anyone but Boris!
    44.74%
    AndyW's mum gets my mark in the box
    21.05%

Vote him back into ICU.

Comment

I didn't vote for him or that Labour idiot.

I live in an area where you can vote for some minor party who will never be in government but can gang up with any opposition to cause trouble for the government.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I won't be voting LibLabCon, so you can call it a wasted protest vote if you like. Probably means I will have to choose Green Party or some such nonsense. Point is, Boris and this govt have proved themselves total incompetents on par with Trump. I'm not supporting them going fwd.

Comment

I'll see what the options are at the time of the next election.

Based on his current performance and that of his party over the last decade, not a chance.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I won't be voting LibLabCon, so you can call it a wasted protest vote if you like. Probably means I will have to choose Green Party or some such nonsense. Point is, Boris and this govt have proved themselves total incompetents on par with Trump. I'm not supporting them going fwd.
            Leaving a mark in AndyW's mom's box is never a wasted effort

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              Leaving a mark in AndyW's mom's box is never a wasted effort
              We all love in when she gets cross.

Comment

I thought we voted for the party not the leader? Lost count how many times I'm told we don't vote for the PM.

Opinion changes direction more often than a roundabout on here.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  I thought we voted for the party not the leader? Lost count how many times I'm told we don't vote for the PM.

Yes of course we vote for the party, but the party whip, controlled by the leader, means effectively you are voting for the prime minister.

Chief Whip - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

And therein lies your problem. Vote is for the candidate, not the party or the leader.

Comment

Working...
                    X