• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"The Science" is...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Science" is...

Political science.

SAGE (official) has not modelled the opening of schools in England that the UK government has proposed.

Therefore it is clear the only "the science" the UK government is following is political science.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

The science is settled! Anyone who disagrees is akin to a Holocaust Denier!

Oh, sorry, wrong subject...
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

More likely science fiction.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

How much longer will we tolerate the Marxist-Lenin infiltration of SAGE - their models were designed to collapse the Western economies - fire the lot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
          How much longer will we tolerate the Marxist-Lenin infiltration of SAGE - their models were designed to collapse the Western economies - fire the lot of them.
          They're hard-wired into the 5G infrastructure.

Comment

For general public anything that contains mathematical symbols is considered to be science.

So if you want to open schools you could say "We are going to open schools from June." - but that wouldn't be scientific.

Also add some terms like "correlation", "graph", "prediction"...

To be scientific you say "When R < 1 then schools = open. R according to prediction on the graph will be 0.5 in June. We have strong correlation between <insert waffling>"

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
              For general public anything that contains mathematical symbols is considered to be science.

So if you want to open schools you could say "We are going to open schools from June." - but that wouldn't be scientific.

Also add some terms like "correlation", "graph", "prediction"...

To be scientific you say "When R < 1 then schools = open. R according to prediction on the graph will be 0.5 in June. We have strong correlation between "
              Could have done us all a favour and put that at the top..
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Political science.

SAGE (official) has not modelled the opening of schools in England that the UK government has proposed.

Therefore it is clear the only "the science" the UK government is following is political science.
                Source? All I've seen so far is: Coronavirus: Key evidence on opening schools revealed - BBC News
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                  I'd agree with you, but you spouted crap about Big Pharma, so I'm going to say - stick to poetry. You're really good at that.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Thomas Dolby had a better idea in 1982. Science is stranger than fiction.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                    X