• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Domic Cummings is fired

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    I'd like to think those who voted for Boris would be a vanishing number but I fear it's not - Brits are as thick as pig-shoot and like to be governed by pompous pricks. But hey, what can you do? No point worrying about something you can't control
    Well you know what they say, "If Birds put the turd in custard, who put the tulip in No.10?"
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      If someone has reported a crime then they have to follow it up although by the tone of your post, I take it that you would prefer that they didn't. Honestly didn't take you for a fan of Cummings but it takes all sorts
      What crime? Civil matter at best - some small fine level, total waste of very limited police resources.

Do yiu think they'd follow up each such report? Fat chance - it’s selected prosecution at best, which kind of makes it illegal (proper criminal, not in civil regards).

Comment

Some great quotes coming out:

Ironic to watch a Brexiter government desperately put saving an unelected, unaccountable bureaucrat before supporting the will of the people.
        As one of those involved in SPI-B, the Government advisory group on behavioural science, I can say that in a few short minutes tonight, Boris Johnson has trashed all the advice we have given on how to build trust and secure adherence to the measures necessary to control COVID-19.
        Grant Shapps: "We've never told people where they have to specifically locate themselves."Really? I feel like the phrase "stay home" might have come up.
        Dear Prime Minister, I’m told that my taxes support GCHQ, automatic number plate recognition, facial recognition technology & much else to keep public safe. Please reassure me this money isn’t wasted & the massive effort can tell us where someone with active infection went.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ClintJEdwards/st...84927455793152

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            What crime? Civil matter at best - some small fine level, total waste of very limited police resources.

Do yiu think they'd follow up each such report? Fat chance - it’s selected prosecution at best, which kind of makes it illegal (proper criminal, not in civil regards).
            Nope it is a crime as he may well have broken the 2020 Health Protection (Coronavirus) Regulations. Numerous people have been reported and prosecuted but if you want to stick up for someone who not only could have infected other people but also his own family, then be it so...

The Health Protection (Coronavirus) Regulations 2020

Comment

Nope it is a crime as he may well have broken the 2020 Health Protection (Coronavirus) Regulations. Numerous people have been reported and prosecuted but if you want to stick up for someone who not only could have infected other people but also his own family, then be it so...

Sure, take him to court then - making him lose his job is extra-judicial mob style illegal action, at best he deserves some fine - and he needs job to pay it.
              Last edited by AtW; 24 May 2020, 20:46.

Comment

Sure, take him to court then - making him lose his job is extra-judicial mob style illegal action, at best he deserves some fine - and he needs job to pay it.
                If he resigns Gove or some other Cabinet minster can rehire him within the week.

If he's fired he can't be rehired for about 6 months.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I was thinking about that piece of legislation.

But due to the lack of testing in the UK they can get off with a clever barrister. Though the tulipstorm of the court case could virtually bankrupt him.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    If he resigns Gove or some other Cabinet minster can rehire him within the week.

If he's fired he can't be rehired for about 6 months.
                    He got no requirement to resign - small civil offence, £ 60 fine and off you go

Comment

He got no requirement to resign - small civil offence, £ 60 fine and off you go
                      So why did Neal Ferguson and Catherine Calderwood resign? Then what about Amber Rudd, Priti Patel, Michael Fallon or David Laws, they all resigned and there was no crime committed? There is such a thing as trust in your government and if your government, in particular those who have put in place the rules for you to follow, do not follow those rules, then you no longer have trust in your government. This is turn can lead to a breakdown in law and order all because someone cannot follow those rules. By, at least owning up to breaking those rules, then maybe that trust can be restored. I'm sure you can work it out rather than sticking up for establishment of which he is part of now and wanted to get rid of...

Comment

Working...
                      X