• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Dominic Supporters Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    Far left Twitter showing they're just as good as far right Twitter at spreading conspiracy theories and misinformation right now, in particular this gem: apparently Cumming's sister was made the director of Idox Group on 14 April and they were responsible for the contact tracing app. Except:

* Absolutely no evidence whatsoever that the director in question, Alice Cummings, is a relation. Because Cummings is such a rare surname? A few people have suggested his sister might be called Francesca or Sarah and I've seen some unverified evidence that Alice Cummings is her married name anyway, but no evidence that she is any kind of relation whatsoever. It fails the Google test for me - it should be pretty easy to verify a fact by googling and finding some kind of primary or reliable secondary source, but googling for this just gives loads of unrelated results or links to people reposting the same conspiracy.

* Idox have won some government contracts including an online booking system for COVID-19 testing (and postal voting systems in the past) but they didn't develop the app, that was VMWare Pivotal. This is easy to verify.
    It's not even a govt. contract, it's one NHS Trust which they were already working with using the service for STI testing appointments
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

* Idox have won some government contracts including an online booking system for COVID-19 testing (and postal voting systems in the past) but they didn't develop the app, that was VMWare Pivotal. This is easy to verify.
      Where is Idox mentioned?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Where is Idox mentioned?
        https://twitter.com/HamdonEducation/...48952307994624
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Cheers...here's another good one for tinfoil hat wearers:

Ben Warner (Ben Warner - Wikipedia) was the guy who modeled the Vote Leave and 2019 election for Cummings. Now as soon as Cummings got his foot in No.10, Warner's brother Marc's company: Faculty (Faculty (company) - Wikipedia) was awarded a GBP250 million NHS contract. Ben Warner now sits on the SAGE committee and his brother Marc has been awarded the contract for NHS tracking (giving him access to the entire health data.)
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            I'm of the opinion the Daily Mail comments are mostly being doctored regarding this. Happening a lot since the new editor took over and they politically changed direction.

especially from the media, just goes to show that people are generally stupid. I knew that already.
            I think the Daily Mail has lost connection with it's readers, I am so totally sick of their Corona coverage that i have set a blocker so i never accidentally see that news paper again.

RE: Cummings, why does anyone actually care? In a few months when it is apparent the economy is a burnt out shell due to the lockdown's, most people will strangely overnight switch positions and start complaining that the government had any lockdown's in the first place.

The guy in Barnard Castle said he knew what day Cummings was there because he checked his number plate on google! All I can say is Die Blockwart is alive and well in Barnard Castle, that is the sort "following orders" that caused people tell on their Jewish Neighbors in WW2 - see Milgram experiment Milgram experiment - Wikipedia
            Last edited by reddog; 26 May 2020, 14:38.

Comment

Cummings done a great distraction job - from the fact that thus country opening too soon: who cares about second wave when it’s whether Cummings gets fired or not.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Where is Idox mentioned?
                Search for "Cummings sister" and "Idox" on Twitter and take your pick.

Comment

Search for "Cummings sister" and "Idox" on Twitter and take your pick.
                  But if you want a 'fact', don't bother with Twatter, you're unlikely to find one.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Cummings done a great distraction job - from the fact that thus country opening too soon: who cares about second wave when it’s whether Cummings gets fired or not.
                    I agree this is a pointless distraction from more important issues. Would have been better if he'd just apologised, but the distraction job was created by the lefty newspapers that dredged this up in the first place and made such an issue of it.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      I agree this is a pointless distraction from more important issues. Would have been better if he'd just apologised, but the distraction job was created by the lefty newspapers that dredged this up in the first place and made such an issue of it.
                      yes, but he's still highlighted the double values in this government's approach to everything, which won't sit well with the general public at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X