• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Dominic Supporters Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I agree this is a pointless distraction from more important issues. Would have been better if he'd just apologised, but the distraction job was created by the lefty newspapers that dredged this up in the first place and made such an issue of it.
    He can’t apologise - his insurance policy prohibits it

HTH

Comment

I'm of the opinion the Daily Mail comments are mostly being doctored regarding this. Happening a lot since the new editor took over and they politically changed direction.
      I did notice the DM was more anti government recently. You've explained it.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I agree this is a pointless distraction from more important issues. Would have been better if he'd just apologised, but the distraction job was created by the lefty newspapers that dredged this up in the first place and made such an issue of it.
        Does anyone remember when the Telegraph made such a fuss about Prof. Ferguson and he honourably and quietly resigned?

Comment

Dominic is a winner, get over it - losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Does anyone remember when the Telegraph made such a fuss about Prof. Ferguson and he honourably and quietly resigned?
            Funnily enough ToryGraph was foaming at the mouth against him - 80/20 at best giving minir support to poor Dom.

Comment

I did notice the DM was more anti government recently. You've explained it.
              I think you may be being a bit sarcastic, but the Daily Mail has definitely been less supportive of the government recently, mainly because it's editor is a remainer:

Geordie Greig - Wikipedia

Comment

Yeh, not saying it's just lefties, everyone does it, but it isn't helpful.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Maybe there should be a referendum on it?
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                    Far left Twitter showing they're just as good as far right Twitter at spreading conspiracy theories and misinformation right now, in particular this gem: apparently Cumming's sister was made the director of Idox Group on 14 April and they were responsible for the contact tracing app. Except:

* Absolutely no evidence whatsoever that the director in question, Alice Cummings, is a relation. Because Cummings is such a rare surname? A few people have suggested his sister might be called Francesca or Sarah and I've seen some unverified evidence that Alice Cummings is her married name anyway, but no evidence that she is any kind of relation whatsoever. It fails the Google test for me - it should be pretty easy to verify a fact by googling and finding some kind of primary or reliable secondary source, but googling for this just gives loads of unrelated results or links to people reposting the same conspiracy.

* Idox have won some government contracts including an online booking system for COVID-19 testing (and postal voting systems in the past) but they didn't develop the app, that was VMWare Pivotal. This is easy to verify.
                    For the record:

Fact check: Dominic Cummings does not have a sister working for the IT solutions company Idox - Reuters

Comment

Yeh, not saying it's just lefties, everyone does it, but it isn't helpful.
                      The media holding the powerful to account is the sign of a functioning democracy. You wouldn't see newspapers publishing this kind of article in mainland China.

Comment

Working...
                      X