• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ouch that is going to hurt!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ouch that is going to hurt!

VW ordered to buy back cars it equipped with emission evasion kits | Daily Mail Online

Volkswagen must buy back the diesel cars it sold equipped with software to evade emissions testing from their owners, a German court ruled yesterday.However, customers will be forced to accept the current value of their car, based on how many miles they have travelled since buying it, not the purchase price.
    The decision comes after motorist Herbert Gilbert took the company to court over a Volkswagen Sharan he bought in 2014, which was equipped with the software that turned off emissions controls during testing.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Share price is up 2% today. It was all priced in a couple of years ago. VW have been putting funds for this, so it won't be affecting their profits.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Jaguar has got a problem, a big one.

Jaguar Landrover seeks aid package
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Jaguar has got a problem, a big one.

Jaguar Landrover seeks aid package

Doubt it they are just sensing free/cheap money. Tax breaks and cheap loans.

Jaguar Land Rover was beginning to show signs of a turnaround after a slowdown in China, Brexit and European emissions rules crimped sales of diesel vehicles and led it into a debt crisis last year. In January, the company said it had achieved a turnaround plan to reduce costs and improve cash flow three months ahead of plan.
        Give TATA their due they know how to make money.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Slashing 4500 jobs and moving production to Eastern Europe doesn't sound like they're just looking for free money, sounds more like they have deep seated problems.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Speed camera evasion kits in cars would be good.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              I think they're called eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                ...says the man who complains about law-breaking immigrants.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Its a bit of this. A bit of that.

I live very close to a few Jaguar Land Rover facilities (Gaydon is just down the road) and there are offices and training centres around here too. Many neighbours are JLR staff. I have even managed to get on a friends list for a nice car discount from JLR thanks to a neighbour.

There is a very real fear that JLR will up sticks to their non UK plants and leave thousands out of work. This is massive JLR country. The amount of prototypes that drive past my house every day are testament to that. The supply chain will be heavily affected as well.

They have heavy exposures on certain things such as EOUV's and also some queer costs. The department nicknamed the stop stationery cupboard pilfering squad sorry business protection department (Read Internal Stasi) is one example. They are a strange company in many ways.

I think this will be a ploy for the government to subsidise their new brand and range of cars. I hear they are also interested in expanding downmarket and have designs on acquiring a car outfit with a factory in Elsemere Port.
                  Last edited by courtg9000; 26 May 2020, 13:28. Reason: add a fact
                  Former IPSE member
                  My Website

Comment

Working...
                  X