• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lockdown in style!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lockdown in style!

Now it's all coming to an end, all the cool stories that would have made us all jealous are coming out

Lockdown in a remote five-star castle resort for two hotel workers | World news | The Guardian

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Now it's all coming to an end, all the cool stories that would have made us all jealous are coming out

Lockdown in a remote five-star castle resort for two hotel workers | World news | The Guardian
    I think there are a couple stuck in the Maldives. Not sure if they are home yet. It's been a while since I was there but I got bored after 10 nights - still wouldn't mind giving it another try.
    Last edited by woohoo; 26 May 2020, 12:35.

Comment

Just before lockdown I’ve moved into a decent airbnb in a nice area in Heartfordshire for 2k/ month. It was previouslt going for 6-7k.
      Had to choose between that and another one with it’s own tennis court.

The struggle is only to be willing to get outside of your comfort zone and find some likely minded people to enjoy it with. Deals are still to be had although market has returned a bit to it’s previous prerogative.

Also I wanted to show the middle finger to the landlords advertising their dumps in london without any discount.

Asking the obvious question here... if you get two people from different leagues in the same house, alone, for a long period of time, do they get to “seal the deal”?
      It does seam to work for zoo animals...
      Last edited by GigiBronz; 26 May 2020, 14:56.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        I think there are a couple stuck in the Maldives. Not sure if they are home yet. It's been a while since I was there but I got bored after 10 nights - still wouldn't mind giving it another try.
        I am in two minds about going there. It seems if you're not into diving there's not much else to do all day.

Comment

I am in two minds about going there. It seems if you're not into diving there's not much else to do all day.
          It's a great place to relax, read and swim but yep there is nothing else to do. If I was to do it again then 10 days max any less I'm not sure it's worth it for the travel hassle.

Comment

I've really enjoyed lockdown so far. I can't get any kumquats for my Old-fashioneds but apart from that's it's been grand. Lovely to really enjoy the house and garden for a change.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

I think there are a couple stuck in the Maldives. ..
              They've probably gone native by now, living on coconuts and spear fishing stark bollock naked, having forgotten all about civilization!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by S0C4
                i read that as sharks.
                made my eyes water thinking about it

Comment

Originally posted by S0C4
                  scuba diving was a big hobby for me in the '80's.
                  gave me an excuse to go all over the place.
                  Have you ever dived on the Clyde?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Have you ever dived on the Clyde?
                    Is that a euphemism?

Comment

Working...
                    X