• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minnesota Police #Icantbreathe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Very classic.

If he looked at the news pictures he would have seen plenty of white people involved in the protests. In fact they were asked to and some did stand between the police and brown protesters.
    I think most of us support peaceful protest and would expect a quite few white people to join in the protests as it seems a great wrong may have been done.

By all means sit at the scene or outside the Police station and light candles, say prayers an sing hymns. They need to put pressure on the Police to take it seriously.

A cop killing a suspect negligently or maliciously even a convicted Armed robber is completely unreasonable.

An athlete, a father, a 'beautiful spirit': George Floyd in his friends' words | US news | The Guardian

His life later took a different turn and in 2007 Floyd was charged with armed robbery in a home invasion in Houston and in 2009 was sentenced to five years in prison as part of a plea deal, according to court documents.
    with underlying medical conditions apparently

Autopsy Report: George Floyd May Not Have Died from Asphyxia | Science Times

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner (ME) conducted the autopsy saying that asphyxia was not the cause of death. Floyd had underlying health issues including hypertensive heart disease and coronary artery disease.
    Both diseases combined with being restrained by the police, plus any potential intoxicants may have contributed to his death.The full ME's report is still pending.
    Officers Thomas Lane and J.A. Keung, equipped with body-worn cameras (BWCs), approached the vehicle where Floyd, along with one male adult and one female adult, were inside. Floyd was asked to step out of the vehicle and initially resisted being handcuffed.
    I am sure we will see these in court!

Heading to the squad car, 'Floyd stiffened up, fell to the ground and told the officers he was claustrophobic.' Officer Chauvin arrived with his partner as the officers continued to try and bring Floyd into the squad car. Floyd kept intentionally falling, reads the report while saying he would not get in the car and refused to stand still as well. 'I Can't Breathe'

While Floyd stood outside of the car, he began repeating that he couldn't breathe. After being assisted in the car, the Chauvin took him out of the vehicle, and Floyd went on the ground face down still handcuffed.
    so before he was even on the ground he was complaining of shortness of breath, now did he have a heart attack during the initial part of the arrest? I don't know , do you?

It is rather unpleasant. Now is it an accident/Stupidity/ Malice? I don't know but apparently you experts do and are willing to see death and mayhem ensue!

The rioting and looting is the issue. Cops & protesters shot, cars firebombed, the ex officers home attacked while people like Jesse Jackson stoke the fire, if there is a god Jesse Jackson deserves to go to hell for his part in this! I assume you lot support this behaviour?

I propose patience and peace, let us wait until the court case before we jump to conclusions shall we?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Would that be because many of the Americans are armed with serious guns 24*7 and tend to shoot back?

How likely are cops to be killed in the US?
      It seems to be about 150 a year. UK is about 1 per year. From that I'd guess that civilians carry guns is a contributing factor, but not by much. Feel free to do a more detailed mathematical analysis.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        It seems to be about 150 a year. UK is about 1 per year. From that I'd guess that civilians carry guns is a contributing factor, but not by much. Feel free to do a more detailed mathematical analysis.
        Don't be coy, there are acceptable truths and unacceptable truths on here.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

US 7 by Gunfire 12 total in 2019

List of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty in the United States - Wikipedia

UK 1 a year 2019 mainly RTAs but in 2012 we had some officers shot.

List of British police officers killed in the line of duty - Wikipedia
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Hmmm, I think we are going to be talking about water cannons a lot in the next few days.
            Have you noticed Khan has said absolutely bugger all about all this. He is smarter than the idiot he plays and is keeping well back from it.

Comment

Communities and states with the highest legal gun ownership have the lowest homicide rates. And as gun ownership has grown over the last 40 years nationally the homicide rate has reduced.

If the BLM fruitbats and Obama had not have caused a spike in murders in 2016 then the US would have fallen below the UK in homicide rates in the next decade.

Comment

I remember working here once: Mandatory Gun Ownership in Kennesaw, Georgia
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Boogaloo tonight.

Comment

When I was like 13 I got a one way police channel on FM, a police chase that lasted 10 minutes where it ended up in a crash. It was like "OMG, THIS IS INSANE".

I'm listening to the LA police on the scanner holding crowds back from Beverley hills. The Police have got drones up. Following live video feeds on twitter, Google maps.

Comment

I'm never going to be able to look at the FedEx logo again in the same way.

Comment

Working...
                      X