• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minnesota Police #Icantbreathe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Same link for the US, and you'll see that 12 is a partial list of who was killed. You have to go to the overview by year section to get the figures, which haven't been put into the article for 2019. However, the place there getting the stats from does have the details.

Law Enforcement Line of Duty Deaths in 2019

48 by firearm.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

A police officer got separated from his force, during the riots in Minnesota. Citizens formed a protective cordon around him.

Humans are good.

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        A police officer got separated from his force, during the riots in Minnesota. Citizens formed a protective cordon around him.

Humans are good.

Mostly they are, so why do riots happen? Oh yes people whipping up the people for political purposes, Reviled Jessie Jackson & President Dump I'm looking at you!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Same link for the US, and you'll see that 12 is a partial list of who was killed. You have to go to the overview by year section to get the figures, which haven't been put into the article for 2019. However, the place there getting the stats from does have the details.

Law Enforcement Line of Duty Deaths in 2019

48 by firearm.

Ah cheers missed thst. It was actually 50 with 2 via friendly fire it seems the US military trained them.

So 50 : 1 UK versus the US. It does seem having the population armed is more likely to result in officers being shot dead.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Ah cheers missed thst. It was actually 50 with 2 via friendly fire it seems the US military trained them.

So 50 : 1 UK versus the US. It does seem having the population armed is more likely to result in officers being shot dead.
            Except that Switzerland has around 20% gun ownership (2 million out of 8 million) and no offices shot dead in recent years. My guess the critical factor here is "being American".
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Except that Switzerland has around 20% gun ownership (2 million out of 8 million) and no offices shot dead in recent years. My guess the critical factor here is "being American".
              I'm guessing that Swiss and descendants of Swiss immigrants are not heavily represented in crimes in the US.

But that is of course because of structural racism in the US affords these people more life chances. Absolutely.

Comment

The major problem is probably inequality, lots of studies which I can't be a*d to link, indicate that it's a major cause of crime. When it's aligned with race, bound to make the tensions greater.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I'm fairly sure deprivation and crime are not that strongly correlated in the US. You have vast swathes of the country who are tulip poor and who have very low levels of crime.

Bibles and shotguns maybe.

Comment

Is it because the Swiss haven't picked up a gun in anger for so long they couldn't hit a vault door at 50 feet?

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X