• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minnesota Police #Icantbreathe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    This is general, people assume things about posters without ever meeting them...
    That is so true.

Maybe some of the posters who seem like twats aren't twats in real life.

Not that I want to meet any of them to find out mind.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Glad you’re not denying it.
      What are you claiming I am not denying?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        The video footage, the fact the cops were sacked in fairly short order. Oh, and MSM coverage. Always keeping in mind, as eloquently portrayed in yesteryear, in a video for the Guardian (of all things) here:

Of course, it might be that something entirely different happened and the cops were unfairly sacked. Care take a bet on that not being the case?

Now you're just being silly.

I asked what you thought had happened. You seem to be suggesting that there is no doubt in your mind about what happened. I think I may have a different opinion.

No I'm just taking lessons from You & SAS and putting words into your mouths!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The video footage, the fact the cops were sacked in fairly short order. Oh, and MSM coverage. Always keeping in mind, as eloquently portrayed in yesteryear, in a video for the Guardian (of all things) here:

Of course, it might be that something entirely different happened and the cops were unfairly sacked. Care take a bet on that not being the case?

Now you're just being silly.
          They will all get paid off. I wouldn't be surprised if they had already been made offers.

Last thing their bosses want it a decade of "we were told to racial profile" chat from them.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            What are you claiming I am not denying?
            I am not your English teacher.

Read through my posts tomorrow, after the gin has left your system and see if you can work it out then.
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              You seem to be suggesting that there is no doubt in your mind about what happened.
              I'm not suggesting. I think it's pretty clear what happened, and there is no evidence to suggest that anything other than the obvious happened.
              I think I may have a different opinion.
              You're not sure?

All you are doing is casting doubt on the narrative without - and this is the critical bit - producing a plausible alternative that fits all the known facts. I guess it's the best that you can do.

I do wonder why you care so much.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm not suggesting. I think it's pretty clear what happened, and there is no evidence to suggest that anything other than the obvious happened.
                You're not sure?

All you are doing is casting doubt on the narrative without - and this is the critical bit - producing a plausible alternative that fits all the known facts. I guess it's the best that you can do.

So, if I'm getting this right. You are contradicting the doctor who said he was not strangled, and unless we contradict his opinion that he was not strangled that means he was strangled?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  So, if I'm getting this right. You are contradicting the doctor who said he was not strangled, and unless we contradict his opinion that he was not strangled that means he was strangled?
                  Nope. Try again.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You're not sure?

Well as the two trained & certified medical examiners that have done an actual autopsy disagree on the cause of death I cannot really have certainty until it goes to court. I am so glad for you that you can, I just hope you don't charge for your opinion because it is quite obviously unreliable.

You see a man who was allegedly complaining about shortness of breath while standing up .

George Floyd Couldn't Breathe Before He Was Pinned Down by Cops, Prosecutor Says

He refused to sit in the police car and then struggled to get free (on video).

He was then restrained (in my opinion and those of of many police experts quite aggressively and possibly incorrectly) by a number of cops (on video) because he had decided not to comply. In my inexpert opinion they should have changed the hold fairly quickly just in case he was injured.

The first ME (the official government one) said he did not asphyxiate, the ME paid for by the plaintiff suggests he did but there is no evidence of this left in the body which is unusual but apparently not impossible.

Allegedly in the first autopsy there are underlying medical conditions and possible intoxicants, the second there are none mentioned. Now it could be that the first Autopsy is a cover up and the black helicopters are coming for you (tin foil hats optional) or the second autopsy is just what the lawyer ordered and it is the best medical opinion that a percentage of the pay off can buy (what won't lawyers do to win).

Now one of the MEs has to be provably wrong and following the judicial process calmly is the correct way to deal with this.

It may be that the police involved are not guilty of murder, an accusation you and other seem to love to throw around without evidence, but manslaughter or negligence. They may actually be technically innocent in the eyes of the law.

The move used is considered dangerous but it seems it isn't banned.
                    Nation'''s police widely condemn move used to restrain George Floyd

Now it is obvious you know better and would be round the now ex police officers house throwing stones if you could, or picking up a new TV at Best Buy. Most of the rest of us are suggesting caution and an open mind the riots will kill yet more people. Despite your bluster we don't know until the foreman returns (and maybe not even then).

I care because justice is about finding the truth, not morons deciding they know the truth without all the facts.

As Minestrone says the most likely thing is everyone will be paid off in a few years with no clarity. That is how it normally happens.

I m questioning the narrative being told by both sides because neither have proven it. I am not really sure why you aren't questioning it, you seem an intelligent person sometimes.
                    Last edited by vetran; 1 June 2020, 21:34.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I am not your English teacher.

Read through my posts tomorrow, after the gin has left your system and see if you can work it out then.
                      Deflecting again?

Shock horror, Bean accuses someone of drinking gin to get out of having to answer simple questions.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X