BBC presenter not impartial BBC presenter not impartial - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Posts 31 to 40 of 85
  1. #31

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    25,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Hey DomCum can be thrown to the Wolves just as Alistair (Lying) Campbell and Lord Mandleslime should have been.

    Not heard that Bojo illegally invaded another country or called anyone a Bigot? He is now shovelling more cash to non working people in a recession.
    Not being a war criminal is a pretty low bar, but he's passed so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  2. #32

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    33,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Not being a war criminal is a pretty low bar, but he's passed so far.

    Yep so by all means punish him for incompetence and lack of moral standards but B'liar & B'ruin have plenty to answer for.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  3. #33

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    25,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Yep so by all means punish him for incompetence and lack of moral standards but B'liar & B'ruin have plenty to answer for.
    I would be delighted to see Blair hauled in front of the ICC on a charge of Aggression.

    But the fact that this is unlikely to ever happen shouldn't prevent the PM from being held to account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  4. #34

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    25,170

    Default

    This is fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  5. #35

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Hey DomCum can be thrown to the Wolves just as Alistair (Lying) Campbell and Lord Mandleslime should have been.

    Not heard that Bojo illegally invaded another country or called anyone a Bigot? He is now shovelling more cash to non working people in a recession.
    Yes he did, the decision to go to war was taken by parliament. Boris voted for the Iraq war.

    Therefore he did illegally invade another country and no doubt would do so again.
    I'm alright Jack

  6. #36

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    25,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Yes he did, the decision to go to war was taken by parliament. Boris voted for the Iraq war.

    Therefore he did illegally invade another country and no doubt would do so again.
    Parliament did not invade another country. Voting for an illegal war is not the same as waging an illegal war. That is on Blair, and arguably the Cabinet and military top brass.
    Last edited by Old Greg; 28th May 2020 at 13:20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  7. #37

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    33,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Yes he did, the decision to go to war was taken by parliament. Boris voted for the Iraq war.

    Therefore he did illegally invade another country and no doubt would do so again.

    Based on a confection from Alistair "Liar" Campbell so really he and others were lied to, it seems DomCum is keeping up the tradition!

    Alastair Campbell had Iraq dossier changed to fit US claims | UK news | The Guardian

    Fresh evidence has emerged that Tony Blair's discredited Iraqi arms dossier was "sexed up" on the instructions of Alastair Campbell, his communications chief, to fit with claims from the US administration that were known to be false.The pre-invasion dossier's worst-case estimate of how long it would take Iraq to acquire a nuclear weapon was shortened in response to a George Bush speech.
    As Campbell prepares to appear before the Iraq inquiry on Tuesday, new evidence reveals the extent to which – on his instructions – those drafting the notorious dossier colluded with the US administration to make exaggerated claims about Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction.
    In a keynote speech to the UN on 12 September 2002, Bush claimed: "Should Iraq acquire fissile material, it would be able to build a nuclear weapon within a year." This contradicted the first draft of the British dossier, drawn up two days earlier, which stated that it would take "at least two years" for Iraq to get the bomb.
    The Cabinet Office has disclosed under the Freedom of Information Act that those who drafted the dossier were immediately asked to compare British claims against the US president's speech. The next day the dossier's timescale was halved to claim Iraq could get the bomb in a year.
    A Foreign Office official who helped draft the dossier, Tim Dowse, told the Chilcot inquiry that disputed claims that Iraq had acquired special aluminium tubes for a nuclear programme were included because the US vice-president, Dick Cheney, had publicly referred to them.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  8. #38

    Double Godlike!

    LondonManc is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    11,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Based on a confection from Alistair "Liar" Campbell so really he and others were lied to, it seems DomCum is keeping up the tradition!

    Alastair Campbell had Iraq dossier changed to fit US claims | UK news | The Guardian
    Which makes it all the funnier when Campbell calls Cummings out.

    Would have been more fun if Cummings had come out with the truth about having to stop the Remainers from trying to trigger the next phase of their plot to try and stiff the referendum winners over. He'd have probably been championed by more people then and the BBC would be left to do the whatabouting rather than the Cummings/BoJo fans.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  9. #39

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Parliament did not invade another country. Voting for an illegal war is not the same as waging an illegal war. That is on Blair, and arguably the Cabinet and military top brass.
    It wasn't me guv I was just following orders.

    I'm alright Jack

  10. #40

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    25,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Which makes it all the funnier when Campbell calls Cummings out.

    Would have been more fun if Cummings had come out with the truth about having to stop the Remainers from trying to trigger the next phase of their plot to try and stiff the referendum winners over. He'd have probably been championed by more people then and the BBC would be left to do the whatabouting rather than the Cummings/BoJo fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •