• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC presenter not impartial

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    So I was correct, he didn't mention testing his eyesight.
    You need to interpret his words to understand his intent. Sorry if that is beyond you.

I was correct - he tested his eyesight with his kid in the back of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      You need to interpret his words to understand his intent. Sorry if that is beyond you.

I was correct - he tested his eyesight with his kid in the back of the car.
      Where's the evidence to back up your assertion?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Where's the evidence to back up your assertion?
        Evidence:

1. Interpretation of his own words:

""My wife was very worried, particularly given my eyesight seemed to have been affected by the disease. She didn't want to risk a nearly 300-mile drive with our child, given how ill I had been. We agreed that we should go for a short drive to see if I could drive safely."

He drove to see if he could drive safely, within the context of his wife's view of risk relating to his illness, within the context of his wife being very worried about his illness, particularly around eyesight. Consider the importance of eyesight to driving.

2. The near-universal acceptance of this interpretation of his words, in the way I have interpreted them, including by Michael Gove who is close to him -
        Cabinet Minister Michael Gove says HE has driven to test his eyesight after Cummings vision claim | Daily Mail Online - with no denial from Cummings that this is not the correct interpretation.

HTH

BISDI

Comment

Evidence:

1. Interpretation of his own words:

""My wife was very worried, particularly given my eyesight seemed to have been affected by the disease. She didn't want to risk a nearly 300-mile drive with our child, given how ill I had been. We agreed that we should go for a short drive to see if I could drive safely."

He drove to see if he could drive safely, within the context of his wife's view of risk relating to his illness, within the context of his wife being very worried about his illness, particularly around eyesight. Consider the importance of eyesight to driving.

2. The near-universal acceptance of this interpretation of his words, in the way I have interpreted them, including by Michael Gove who is close to him -
          Cabinet Minister Michael Gove says HE has driven to test his eyesight after Cummings vision claim | Daily Mail Online - with no denial from Cummings that this is not the correct interpretation.

HTH

BISDI

You do come up with some tulipe.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

When Tony Blair and Gordon Brown were taken apart by the BBC they were impartial. The Tories have become a bunch of cry babies.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

You do come up with some tulipe.
              Nothing to contribute again? As I said above:

HTH

BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                When Tony Blair and Gordon Brown were taken apart by the BBC they were impartial. The Tories have become a bunch of cry babies.

#prayfordom

Comment

Nothing to contribute again? As I said above:

HTH

BIDI
                  If you were to present evidence of your assertion then a debate could be had. But so far you've only dug yourself in deeper.

I maintain that Dominic Cummings did not mention testing his eyes in his speech, the full transcript of which may be found online.

Comment

If you were to present evidence of your assertion then a debate could be had. But so far you've only dug yourself in deeper.

I maintain that Dominic Cummings did not mention testing his eyes in his speech, the full transcript of which may be found online.
                    Why do you think he went on the drive? What is your interpretation?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Hey DomCum can be thrown to the Wolves just as Alistair (Lying) Campbell and Lord Mandleslime should have been.

Not heard that Bojo illegally invaded another country or called anyone a Bigot? He is now shovelling more cash to non working people in a recession.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X