• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC presenter not impartial

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Yes he did, the decision to go to war was taken by parliament. Boris voted for the Iraq war.

Therefore he did illegally invade another country and no doubt would do so again.
    Boris didn't know the 'evidence' was actually a 6th Former's homework, at the time, did he...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

It wasn't me guv I was just following orders.

No he was voting based on faked information sanctioned by the prime minister.

Sorry you cant tell the difference.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        No he was voting based on faked information sanctioned by the prime minister.

Sorry you cant tell the difference.
        That was the one accusation the Chilcot enquiry rejected.

Iraq enquiry

The report cleared the Prime Minister's Office of influencing the Iraq Dossier (the "Dodgy Dossier"), which contained the claim that Iraq possessed the ability to launch WMD within 45 minutes, and instead laid the blame for the weaknesses in its evidence on the Joint Intelligence Committee.
        Guilty as charged, what punishment would you suggest for Boris?
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

That was the one accusation the Chilcot enquiry rejected.

Iraq enquiry

Guilty as charged, what punishment would you suggest for Boris?

The same as Tony got? Large property portfolio and after dinner speaking engagements.

The report – described by BBC News as "damning",[38] by The Guardian as a "crushing verdict",[5] and by The Telegraph as "scathing"[6] – was broadly critical of the actions of the British government and military in making the case for the war, in tactics and in planning for the aftermath of the Iraq War.[5][6][39] Richard Norton-Taylor of The Guardian wrote that the report "could hardly be more damning" of Tony Blair and "was an unprecedented, devastating indictment of how a prime minister was allowed to make decisions by discarding all pretence at cabinet government, subverting the intelligence agencies, and making exaggerated claims about threats to Britain's national security".[40]

I wonder what they offered Sir Richard to fall on his sword?

More specifically, the report blamed Secret Intelligence Service (better known as MI6) head Sir Richard Dearlove who presented so-called "hot" intelligence about alleged weapons of mass destruction provided by an Iraqi with "phenomenal access" to high levels in the Iraqi government directly to Blair, without first confirming its accuracy.[43] The investigators found that references to this intelligence in government reports were over-certain and did not adequately stress uncertainties and nuance. The informant was later found to have been lying. The Chilcot report states that "personal intervention [by Dearlove] and its urgency gave added weight to a report that had not been properly evaluated and would have coloured the perception of ministers and senior officials".[44] The day after the report was published, Blair conceded that he should have challenged such intelligence reports before relying on them to justify military action in Iraq.[43][45]
          Some MI6 staff had also expressed concerns about the quality of its source – in particular, noting that an inaccurate detail about storing chemical weapons in glass containers[46] appeared to have been taken from Michael Bay's film The Rock – and expressed doubts about its reliability. Nonetheless, Foreign Secretary Jack Straw asked MI6 to use the source to provide "silver bullet intelligence".[47]

Comment

Bias Analysed: 96.8%* of Maitlis Tweets Anti-Boris - Guido Fawkes
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

You mean "Anti-BBC far right extremist website complains that a journalist spends more time examining what the prime minister does than people of less importance"
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                You mean "Anti-BBC far right extremist website complains that a journalist spends more time examining what the prime minister does than people of less importance"
                Far right?

You must have hit the gin earlier than usual today
                Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                  Far right?

You must have hit the gin earlier than usual today

indeed - what fecking yard arm?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Far right extremist website? Believing it doesn't make it so.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Have I Got News For You seemed to be a Cummings Special tonight. Totally unbiased of course.

Comment

Working...
                      X