• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Track and Trace

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Track and Trace

Anyone up for a bit of personal data loss?

The 'super-driven' ex-TalkTalk chief behind England's track-and-trace scheme
    The 'super-driven' ex-TalkTalk chief behind England's track-and-trace scheme | World news | The Guardian
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Everybody who matters (big Govts) or can afford to pay (a lot of companies) already got your personal data

Comment

This whole thing is a scammers dream... Random strangers calling to get your personal data is all part of the new normal.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
        This whole thing is a scammers dream... Random strangers calling to get your personal data is all part of the new normal.
        Nah - the real Govt contact tracers will tell you the kind of private info only Govt knows to prove they are genuine

Comment

Majority of population doesn't care about data. They have nothing to "hide".

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
            Majority of population doesn't care about data. They have nothing to "hide".
            Sadly, this is the prevailing view of the majority.

When someone says that to me, I ask them for their email log in and bank details.

Comment

Good morning

Your husbands lover has tested positive for coronavirus you must self isolate with your husband for 14 days

Or

Get burner phone

Fill in details of everyone you don’t like, then let the contact tracers isolate them

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

The reliance on this app has left the UK way behind with contact tracing. Ireland started about 10 weeks ago. I went into client site one day and the army had taken over the canteen and set up a contact tracing team to support Public Health (they are still on site but not in the canteen). Then various civil servants from other departments were brought in. Lots of carefully scripted phone calls to patients and contacts, with a robust but simple IT solution for recording findings. Not complex, but it takes the will to prioritise and the right people to work methodically and reassuringly with the public. A contact tracing app is on its way, but in the meantime, contact tracing continues.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                  Majority of population doesn't care about are oblivious to data. They have nothing to "hide".
                  FTFY
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    The reliance on this app has left the UK way behind with contact tracing. Ireland started about 10 weeks ago. I went into client site one day and the army had taken over the canteen and set up a contact tracing team to support Public Health (they are still on site but not in the canteen). Then various civil servants from other departments were brought in. Lots of carefully scripted phone calls to patients and contacts, with a robust but simple IT solution for recording findings. Not complex, but it takes the will to prioritise and the right people to work methodically and reassuringly with the public. A contact tracing app is on its way, but in the meantime, contact tracing continues.
                    Erm, that is what is happening in the UK, the app is only part of the track and trace, the phone calls are starting now, the app will come later to automate parts of the process.
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X