• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Adverse consequences of MVL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    There are much better insurers out there for Landlord insurance than Direct Line. In fact anyone else is better than them if you ever need to make a claim. They are cheap but there is a reason for that. They are crap!
    well they do offer contents, RGI, legal without having to take out buildings cover which sadly many don't. Who do you recommend or have you just had a bad experiance with directline?

Comment

Originally posted by MrC View Post
      well they do offer contents, RGI, legal without having to take out buildings cover which sadly many don't. Who do you recommend or have you just had a bad experiance with directline?
      I am one of a large number of dissatisfied ex direct line landlord insurance clients.
      Still waiting for them to settle a pure straightforward claim 12 months on.
      They are not as good as they sound in the adverts.
      I saw quite a good Facebook group the other day. Hundreds of Landords all having issues with them, a good google will throw up plenty of juicy results.
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        And it's clearly beyond your comprehension that businesses work in ways you don't understand. I hate repeating myself, but since you didn't read my earlier post, I guess I'll have to.

How many million people have they reduced from their "potential customer market size" by making a simple blanket rule about liquidations in the last 10 years?

Do you think it's 50% of their potential base for all insurances, or less than 0.01%?
        By your daft logic you could argue that the government have done a good job of policy during this pandemic on the basis that you don't know their business or whats in their heads.

Your compulsion to repeat yourself is a classic sign of a troll and on that basis your mealtime is over.

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
          I am one of a large number of dissatisfied ex direct line landlord insurance clients.
          Still waiting for them to settle a pure straightforward claim 12 months on.
          They are not as good as they sound in the adverts.
          I saw quite a good Facebook group the other day. Hundreds of Landords all having issues with them, a good google will throw up plenty of juicy results.
          I think there is probably widesread discontent with insurers right now whether its landlord RGI (broker tells me today nobody is offering this cover now under coviod) or travel insruance. Being pretty big/high profile I suppose DL would have more complaints that many.

Recommendations? (all of the brokers i've spoken to today seem beyond useless)

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
            This doesn't even make sense. You as an individual can never be the subject of a liquidation. Liquidation only applies to companies or other organizations.

I suspect poor underwriting skills on their part.
            Good point

Comment

By your daft logic you could argue that the government have done a good job of policy during this pandemic on the basis that you don't know their business or whats in their heads.

Your compulsion to repeat yourself is a classic sign of a troll and on that basis your mealtime is over.
              No, my logic is you claim to understand their business plans and have decided they are completely wrong.
              You're uninterested in understanding what they might be doing.
              You're not prepared to take advice from others who suggest you speak to a broker or that other insurers are available, and now you're calling a mod a troll.

Good luck with your future career in politics.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

But I suppose you do have history of inneresting threads:
                https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...endations.html
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I think there is probably widesread discontent with insurers right now whether its landlord RGI (broker tells me today nobody is offering this cover now under coviod) or travel insruance. Being pretty big/high profile I suppose DL would have more complaints that many.

Recommendations? (all of the brokers i've spoken to today seem beyond useless)
                  So now you're equating a 12 month old claim to "troubles with COVID"?

One insurer's policy does not mean the entire market is biased against you.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    But I suppose you do have history of inneresting threads:
                    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...endations.html
                    One of the adverse consequences of MVL is this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      So now you're equating a 12 month old claim to "troubles with COVID"?

One insurer's policy does not mean the entire market is biased against you.
                      No, i meant in response to the facebook group mentioned.

Absolutely, hence why i asked the question of whether anyone else who has mvl'd has experienced adversity in the original post, so i can get an understanding of whether this is just one insurer and one type of insurance or perhaps is symptomatic of more widespread issues which span consumer affairs. Yet to have anyone comment in this yet...

Comment

Working...
                      X