• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House price excitement!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Good points, thanks.

I was planning on a chat with the landlord about a short extension but can do that October time when the letting agent sends out the renewal nudge. By then, I will know what sort of position I'm in.

At present, I'm watching and resisting the urge to do viewings even though I've just spotted something new on that could be almost perfect.
    If you think you're going to need to borrow to move, get talking to the mortgage companies as early as possible. An agreement in principle is a useful bargaining tool when buying a property.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      If you think you're going to need to borrow to move, get talking to the mortgage companies as early as possible. An agreement in principle is a useful bargaining tool when buying a property.
      Yeah I know. I just don't want to get the agreement too soon and have it expire. I'm not quite ready to make the big push. I haven't overanalysed it enough yet

But there's no harm in giving the likes of CMME a giggle when I ask, what can I get with this

Comment

Looks like they've stolen the idea from the Stay Club at Willesden and just made the rooms squarer
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          Since this is what is currently expected by many, I'd have thought you'd be going contrarian.
          Cobblers.

Everyone is talking about a V shaped recovery.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            My weekly email from Zoopla this morning contained lots of price reductions. £150k off a £700k flat walking distance from Earl's Court tube.

May the market correction last a bit longer while I organise myself.

So pleased to see that grossly overpriced tat is now becoming overpriced tat.
            Sounds good. I have walked from Kings Cross to Earl's Court a few times.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Looks great for efficency:
              • Cooking - Can still reach keyboard
              • Sleeping - Can still reach keyboard
              • tuliping - Can still reach keyboard
              • Solid wifi signal all round

Comment

Might get a new bedsit over a kebab shop

Comment

I think we should all chip in for a small project, build an algorithm to make stupid offers to landlords(on the sites with direct contact).
                  Put up a web page with bitcoin payment and anonymous vote based on contribution for who gets to do the job.

And than wait for the market to do it's thing.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                    I think we should all chip in for a small project, build an algorithm to make stupid offers to landlords(on the sites with direct contact).
                    Put up a web page with bitcoin payment and anonymous vote based on contribution for who gets to do the job.

And than wait for the market to do it's thing.
                    Like DarkNet much?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Cobblers.

Everyone is talking about a V shaped recovery.
                      Cobblers.

You say everyone is, but a quick Google proves, once again, that you like to spout rubbish and hope no one checks the facts.

These are all from the 1st page in Google. You really do make up a lot of tulip.

L shaped (with a bit of U)
                      What will economic recovery look like? Here's what to expect | AZ Big Media

Nope, LSE don't expect V either.
                      How different will this time be? Assessing the prospects for economic recovery from the Covid-19 crisis | EUROPP

Nope, CNBC don't think V is unlikely
                      Coronavirus update: A '''V'''-shaped economic recovery getting less likely

From the Guardian, regarding our governement's view. They'd love a V, but don't expect it
                      Chancellor plays down hopes of quick economic recovery | Business | The Guardian

I could have posted more but I think this proves a point
                      Last edited by Whorty; 30 May 2020, 06:23.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X