• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House price excitement!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charges - Housing Ombudsman

Shelter Legal England - Challenging service charges

Service charges are seen as a profit centre by most Landlords/property companies.

Basically your Lawyer needs to check the lease etc to make sure they can't abuse it, but long term you are at their mercy.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I could be tempted up to Glasgow, maybe, possibly...
      Shhh, one never knows who's watching.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

£550k asking price on 1009 sqft purpose built two bed flat with private entrance and own garden!
        That sounds good value .... but you know what they say, no 'photo', it didn't happen ... we need a link
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

£10 a year ground rent, just under £1400 a year service charges
          How long left of the lease?

Comment

£550k asking price on 1009 sqft purpose built two bed flat with private entrance and own garden!

For that money you could get 1500sqft 3 bed house in Surrey, or a 4 bed with over an acre of land in Devon.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
              Same thing expected to happen in Edinburgh/Glasgow area. Prices for houses to decrease by up to 30% according to my IFA.
              Not to sound cynical, but what would an IFA know about house prices? They have access to exactly the same information that we have access to.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

For that money you could get 1500sqft 3 bed house in Surrey, or a 4 bed with over an acre of land in Devon.
                Are either of those in West London?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  How long left of the lease?
                  87 years

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  That sounds good value .... but you know what they say, no 'photo', it didn't happen ... we need a link
                  And have someone steal my steal?

2 bedroom apartment for sale in London | asking price GBP550,000

It's in the best part of town. All the top shops are nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

We sold a flat in SE London and bought a 6 bed (3300 sq ft) house with almost 2 acres of garden and a lake in the West Country for the same price. But, as LM says, it's not London and hence not where the action/work is. That show on TV, Location, Location, Location seems to know something

Comment

87 years

And have someone steal my steal?

2 bedroom apartment for sale in London | asking price GBP550,000

It's in the best part of town. All the top shops are nearby.
                      Lease not too low, but you might want to ask if you can extend - anything below 70 is almost impossible to get a mortgage so once it drops close to that it becomes hard to sell to anyone but cash buyer.

Looks really nice. Great location and inside it doesn't look like it needs any major work.

Comment

Working...
                      X