• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House price excitement!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by helen7 View Post

That area is horrible and full of crime. (I used to live nearby).

Cause = effect ?

Comment

Well that was a very entertaining irony fail.

Loving those that believed me when I said "It's in the best part of town. All the top shops are nearby."

I would never share a link to a property I was seriously going to go for.

I should have shared this one instead - even more of a bargain...

Clem Attlee Court, Fulham 3 bed flat for sale - GBP475,000
      Last edited by ladymuck; 2 June 2020, 09:41.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Holland Park is nicer or my favourite stomping ground is the area bounded by Kensington High Street to the north, Earl's Court Road to the west, Gloucester Road (or Marlows Road if I was really going to narrow it down more) to the east, and Cromwell Road (aka the A4) to the South. Lots of very nice cupboards to be had for the price of a couple of kidneys and a pancreas.
        Do you know the postcode prefix? I'm curious to see what we could swap our house for.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Well that was a very entertaining irony fail.

Loving those that believed me when I said "It's in the best part of town. All the top shops are nearby."

I would never share a link to a property I was seriously going to go for.

I should have shared this one instead - even more of a bargain...

Clem Attlee Court, Fulham 3 bed flat for sale - GBP475,000
          Actually my only concern was whether your bush trimming skills would get you through that garden!
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
            Do you know the postcode prefix? I'm curious to see what we could swap our house for.
            That area is W8 up to roughly half way between Marloes Road and Gloucester Road at which point it becomes SW7. That isn't a straight line though, sadly, it's a bit wiggly.

The easiest way is to draw a custom search area on Zoopla.
            Last edited by ladymuck; 2 June 2020, 10:20. Reason: Can't spell a street name properly :)

Comment

That area is W8 up to roughly half way between Marloes Road and Gloucester Road at which point it becomes SW7. That isn't a straight line though, sadly, it's a bit wiggly.

The easiest way is to draw a custom search area on Zoopla.
              Looks like we could just about be mortgage free in a 1-bed. Not sure where the 2 horses will go though.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Looks like we could just about be mortgage free in a 1-bed. Not sure where the 2 horses will go though.
                What sq ft is that? No more than 600 I bet.

Comment

What sq ft is that? No more than 600 I bet.
                  I looked at a handful, and they were all around 400, which must be pokey because that's not much bigger than our lounge.

Comment

I looked at a handful, and they were all around 400, which must be pokey because that's not much bigger than our lounge.
                    Ouch! That's a bedsit really. I always look at the floor plans as you can see what tricks they've pulled to claim additional rooms. I suspect at 400 sq ft and "one bed" that means the kitchen is literally in the living room.

The "best" kitchen I saw was the entrance corridor that runs front to back being used as the kitchen so it looks like they converted a room that probably was a kitchen into being a bedroom to say it was a two-bed property!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                      So buy a nice house in southern France or Spain for price of your deposit - WFH and fly into London twice a month for clients and cocktails With friends

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                      Or move to Yorkshire and have a house here and in Spain

Just a shame I can't fly out there at the moment
                      Last edited by SimonMac; 2 June 2020, 11:02.
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X