• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House price excitement!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House price excitement!

My weekly email from Zoopla this morning contained lots of price reductions. £150k off a £700k flat walking distance from Earl's Court tube.

May the market correction last a bit longer while I organise myself.

So pleased to see that grossly overpriced tat is now becoming overpriced tat.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    My weekly email from Zoopla this morning contained lots of price reductions. £150k off a £700k flat walking distance from Earl's Court tube.

We are delaying or house extension in the hope we can now move to a bigger property. Let the fire sale commence
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

18 - 24 months will be a golden opportunity for those with cash. That's when I'm waiting until before going back into property.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

My rental is up at the end of January. Ideally, I'd like to be moving December/early January depending on whether I pick a fixer-upper or not.

I guess that means making a decision on a place around August / September or thereabouts.

Comment

My rental is up at the end of January. Ideally, I'd like to be moving December/early January depending on whether I pick a fixer-upper or not.

I guess that means making a decision on a place around August / September or thereabouts.
          Get your ducks in a row finance wise.

Around end September/October is looking primetime (1) for what you are after. Make a speedy exchange and completion a condition of sale. If your mortgage company can do it same day exchange/completion is a thing.
          You might want to sound out your landlord/mananging agents now about a short term tenancy extension in case of need. Or sign for another 6 months and wait until Feb as this looking like it will be prime reposession season as things stand.
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            18 - 24 months will be a golden opportunity for those with cash. That's when I'm waiting until before going back into property.
            From when, and this thread is useless without a chart.....
            And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
              Get your ducks in a row finance wise.

Around end September/October is looking primetime (1) for what you are after. Make a speedy exchange and completion a condition of sale. If your mortgage company can do it same day exchange/completion is a thing.
              You might want to sound out your landlord/mananging agents now about a short term tenancy extension in case of need. Or sign for another 6 months and wait until Feb as this looking like it will be prime reposession season as things stand.
              Good points, thanks.

I was planning on a chat with the landlord about a short extension but can do that October time when the letting agent sends out the renewal nudge. By then, I will know what sort of position I'm in.

At present, I'm watching and resisting the urge to do viewings even though I've just spotted something new on that could be almost perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Since this is what is currently expected by many, I'd have thought you'd be going contrarian.

Comment

House price excitement!

So buy a nice house in southern France or Spain for price of your deposit - WFH and fly into London twice a month for clients and cocktails With friends

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Sorted

Cambridge developers build parking space-sized 'micro-homes' | Daily Mail Online

17m2

I would have to diet!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X