• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To V or not to V

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To V or not to V

New thread to keep LM's thread clean

As posted by the class idiot .....
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Update your search results for a month before, not the present day, yah numpty. You asked the average joe just as recently as a month ago, they were all bull. Not me. I called it

The market’s post-pandemic recovery could look a lot like 2008-09, van Eck says

The V-Shaped Market Recovery Playing Out Perfectly
    ..... to support this .....

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Cobblers.

Everyone is talking about a V shaped recovery.
    So ... Poops claims everyone is talking about a V shaped recovery he then supports this argument by posting to probably the only two threads he can find that are both 6 weeks old. There are presumably no recent links he can use because, contrary to his initial statement, everyone isn't talking about a V shaped recovery.

Oh, and links I added were also dated mostly a month ago, and they also were not talking about a V shaped recovery.

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Cobblers.

You say everyone is, but a quick Google proves, once again, that you like to spout rubbish and hope no one checks the facts.

These are all from the 1st page in Google. You really do make up a lot of tulip.

L shaped (with a bit of U)
    What will economic recovery look like? Here's what to expect | AZ Big Media

Nope, LSE don't expect V either.
    How different will this time be? Assessing the prospects for economic recovery from the Covid-19 crisis | EUROPP

Nope, CNBC don't think V is unlikely
    Coronavirus update: A '''V'''-shaped economic recovery getting less likely

From the Guardian, regarding our governement's view. They'd love a V, but don't expect it
    Chancellor plays down hopes of quick economic recovery | Business | The Guardian
    My link dates
    1) 28th Apr
    2) 23rd Apr
    3) 6th Apr
    4) 19th May

Pooper's link dates
    1) 14th Apr
    2) 17th Apr
    Last edited by Whorty; 30 May 2020, 18:42.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

But yeah, Poops called the not V shaped recovery this week, before most other people did a month ago

Comment

Aw! You're too kind! Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Aw! You're too kind! Thank you.

Comment

V was only ever a vishful dream by the powers at be.

How many of the 8.5 million furloughed will end up unemployed when the scheme is curtailed?

How many businesses are not viable with social distancing?

It's hard to see how this is not going to be far worse than 2008. The early 1930s looks like a more realistic parallel.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

There is going to be \ shaped misery.

Comment

Lady MUCK wants a clean thread? - What thread was that?
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I thought they said a slightly lopsided V, which sounded more tick-shaped to me (not the bity critter, obvs)

Comment

Even if social distancing doesn't impact businesses too much, the other big unknown is...

Will people go back to normal levels of spending any time soon?
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I called it on March 23rd

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2747951

Comment

Working...
                    X