• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I predict a riot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I predict a riot

London riot should be staring this afternoon.

Anyone want anything from the shops ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    London riot should be staring this afternoon.

Anyone want anything from the shops ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    It can all be sorted out. Both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads
    and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
    Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Sent by my eight-bit CPM desktop using ascii at 120 baud.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Riots will start when the Chancellor stops giving out free money.

Comment

I guess it's about time I got a new telly.

Comment

saw a video of people looting Louis Vuitton showroom in minneapolis.
          Looters have taste in luxury items.

Comment

On the plus side, we're not American:

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

UK will be importing soon, we love adopting Americanisms / riots etc. That special relationship... Stockholm syndrome I think they call it.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I hear Twitter is threatening to move HQ to Germany

With Facebook considering something similar. When governments go after social media companies because they start fact checking the presidents tweets
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  UK will be importing soon, we love adopting Americanisms / riots etc. That special relationship... Stockholm syndrome I think they call it.
                  FFS ... I try not to respond to your posts but you really give me no choice.

Go on, try Google, and see if you can work out why you're wrong
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    FFS ... I try not to respond to your posts but you really give me no choice.

Go on, try Google, and see if you can work out why you're wrong
                    At least he said "I think" which implies he's got a hunch he's wrong even if the sentence indicates a lack of thinking has taken place.

Comment

Working...
                    X