• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So can i furlough myself?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So can i furlough myself?

The answer is No
    Last edited by Robinho; 31 May 2020, 12:10.

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    Unlike most of you tax-dodging scum i actually pay myself a decent salary every year, normally in big chunks.
    **** off.

Last tax year i paid myself £30+k.

in April i paid myself £20+k.

Now i have no work and want myself a nice juicy cash injection from the scummy taxman.

But according to the scummy taxman...

And as a director all of my pay is discretionary. So am i s**t out of luck here?
    See above.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Pretty unintelligible post.

Sure, you can furlough yourself and claim under the CJRS on any PAYE component of your income (80%, up to 2.5k per month). If you're not operating a monthly RTI, it becomes trickier - you need to have made an RTI submission by 19 March 2020, IIRC - is that what you're banging on about in an unintelligible way?

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
        See above.
        Yeah. Punt to General...

Comment

What was unintelligible about it?

The point is i have no contractual obligation to pay myself. Therefore presumably i cannot benefit? Or is there some exception for directors?
          Last edited by Robinho; 31 May 2020, 11:29.

Comment

As of Friday i am benched for the first time in 3 years.

Unlike most of you tax-dodging scum i actually pay myself a decent salary every year, normally in big chunks.

Last tax year i paid myself £30+k.

in April i paid myself £20+k.

Now i have no work and want myself a nice juicy cash injection from the scummy taxman.

But according to the scummy taxman...

And as a director all of my pay is discretionary. So am i s**t out of luck here?
            Lol if you were paying minimum salary and dividends you would have £10 K now to tide you over

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

What was unintelligible about it?

The point is i have no contractual obligation to pay myself. Therefore presumably i cannot benefit? Or is there some exception for directors?
              It was mostly a whiny rant about something or other. Anyway, salary isn't discretionary. There are plenty of owner-directors claiming under CJRS for 80% of their salary up to 2.5k.

If you have an annual payroll (not monthly), you may fall through the cracks. There's plenty of info on gov't websites:

Check if you can claim for your employees' wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme - GOV.UK

Regarding annual payroll:

Directors, annual salary payments and the CJRS | ICAS

Comment

In which case yes it is technically not a salary

So as suspected i am s**t outta luck

Comment

In which case yes it is technically not a salary

So as suspected i am s**t outta luck
                  Funny how no one has mentioned this before

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Unlike most of you tax-dodging scum ...
                    Try posting your question here https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...us-assistance/ And this time, ask nicely.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X