• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 - Working abroad - from home :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 - Working abroad - from home :)

Hi all

I have a new contract opportunity - Agency in Poland, paid in Euros. End Client is US. remote working for EU projects (not UK) - Does IR35 apply in this scenario?

Thanks

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...aid-euros.html

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik67 View Post
      Hi all

I have a new contract opportunity - Agency in Poland, paid in Euros. End Client is US. remote working for EU projects (not UK) - Does IR35 apply in this scenario?

Thanks
      Depends where you live. I'd be more worried about what the fook happens if someone decides they're not going to pay you. IR35 is likely to be the least of your worries.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

You have IR35 to consider, possibly.
        You've got US jurisdiction to consider, possibly.
        You've got exchange rates to consider and possibly extra charges by banks/accountants.

Based on your previous posts, I would suggest you think long and hard before making any decision on it.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just make sure the contract is outside IR35 and not worry about it. It is highly unlikely that HMRC would contact a foreign client. The biggest risk in this case is ensuring you get paid. I would advise asking for weekly payments. The fact that you are remote reduces the risk as you won't have any travel costs.
          Last edited by BlasterBates; 1 June 2020, 08:33.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Hi all

End Client is US.

Thanks
            In addition to other posts, also specifically check your insurance cover (PI / PL etc) - I have seen some that exclude US related work / there is a question at proposal/renewal stage that asks if any of your work will be for the US / US markets / US parent etc. You may have previously said "No" and renewed on the same terms - thus not be covered.

If you end up traveling to the US as part of it, also check your travel insurance (.. covers both US and specifically, business travel to the US/on behalf of your business etc)

M

Comment

By the way, would you like us to merge your two accounts into one?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                By the way, would you like us to merge your two accounts into one?
                Why would I have 2 accounts if I only wanted 1?

Comment

Why would I have 2 accounts if I only wanted 1?
                  I don't know.

Some people have an aol.com email address, others have an aol.co.uk email address. And then some people have the same name in front of both.

Weird, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    I don't know.

Some people have an aol.com email address, others have an aol.co.uk email address. And then some people have the same name in front of both.

Weird, huh?
                    Not at all, they are both my accounts. Good spot - sometimes the people on this forum can be quite sanctimonious so at times I ask the same or similar question to try elicit more info. thanks for your input.

Comment

Working...
                    X