Dominic Cummings further revelations Dominic Cummings further revelations - Page 6
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Posts 51 to 60 of 167

My post count is Majestic

vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Yet he's bombed seven fewer countries than Obama so far....

give him time! Though Obama was an over achiever there.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Sure, you can say anything.

I think we can objectively say that Trump is the 45th President because it's an Office and he took the Oath, so that is a piss-poor analogy.

Classifying someone that writes occasionally or professionally as a journalist or not a journalist is obviously less objective. To quote HST:

You could argue that he's got Farage nailed there, I suppose.

If I research a newsworthy topic and publish it on a blog, does that make me a journalist or someone publishing stuff in a blog? Obviously, the latter. Farage is a politician who also publishes stuff in various outlets. Again, calling him a journalist is to lack an appreciation of nuance - I think the vast majority of people would instantly accept that he isn't one, even if there is no particular, objective, standard.

It is a perfect analogy, Farage satisfied the requirements so he is. Everything else is chaff.

Facts are facts, just because posters don't like them don't make them any less factual.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Tommy Robinson self-identifies as a journalist. You're just a TERF (Twunt Exclusionary Radical Factist).

has he been published (not interviewed) ? if not he is just a racist twunt.

I can see you are losing it again.

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    It is a perfect analogy, Farage satisfied the requirements so he is. Everything else is chaff.

Facts are facts, just because posters don't like them don't make them any less factual.
    Still waiting for some factual evidence that Farage is a journalist....
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

First, let's see what actually happened (see posts quoted below). You shared a dictionary definition of a journalist to try to demonstrate that someone who is a radio presenter is also by definition a journalist. You didn't share the post to demonstrate that Farage is a journalist (which you now seem to be claiming you were). Can you see yet where you got in a muddle for a reasoning perspective?

Next, could you give an example in this thread of a fact which I seem to have a problem understanding?
    He has news/opinion published by two leading newspapers and hosts a current news affairs radio show so satisfies two of the dictionary requirements to be identified as a journalist.

The fact you don't like him is immaterial, sorry if you don't understand facts.

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Still waiting for some factual evidence that Farage is a journalist....

Posted earlier but I am out of crayons.

Other your opinion o you have any evidence he isnt?

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Bump. Still waiting...

FTFY

I don't think, I shared the official definition which Mr Farage fits, he is officially a journalist, you seem to have a problem understanding facts. Then you just go off on a flight of fancy as usual.
    First, let's see what actually happened (see posts quoted below). You shared a dictionary definition of a journalist to try to demonstrate that someone who is a radio presenter is also by definition a journalist. You didn't share the post to demonstrate that Farage is a journalist (which you now seem to be claiming you were). Can you see yet where you got in a muddle for a reasoning perspective?

Next, could you give an example in this thread of a fact which I seem to have a problem understanding?

Do you believe that being a radio show presenter makes that person a journalist?
    apparently so, you may not agree but who cares?

JOURNALIST | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

Journalist | Definition of Journalist by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico.com also meaning of Journalist

He also writes for the Telegraph

Nigel Farage - The Telegraph

& The Independent

Nigel Farage | The Independent

If we have accept most of the Guardian & BBC Hacks then yes he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

d000hg - scorchio!

If you do some stuff which could be considered (however loosely) journalism but it is not your job, are you a journalist?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Urine is quite nourishing

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

Posted earlier but I am out of crayons.

Other your opinion o you have any evidence he isnt?
    Plenty which I've posted here....
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Let's see what the great man himself says. It is not in itself definitive as to whether or not he is a journalist, but it helps to paint the picture as to how he sees himself.

Biography - Official Site of Nigel Farage

Farage began his career in 1982 as a commodities trader at the London Metal Exchange and ran his own metals brokerage firm. He left a successful career behind to go into politics after the Conservative party signed the Maastricht Treaty, which advocated “ever closer union” between European nations. He became a founder member of UKIP in 1993 and set about campaigning for Britain’s EU withdrawal.

In 2014, under Farage’s leadership, UKIP came first in the United Kingdom with 4.5 million votes and in doing so, became the first political party since 1906 to win a national election that was not the Labour or Conservative parties. This successful result eventually forced the Conservative party to hold a referendum on European Union membership.

In June 2016, Farage was a leading figure in the campaign to leave. This gained him the name “Mr Brexit” by Republican Presidential candidate Donald J Trump, whom he supported at a rally on the campaign trail. Nigel Farage was one of the very few that predicted that Donald Trump would win the presidential elections and was the first foreign politician to meet the newly elected President in Trump Tower just days after his historic win. At times, he can often find himself a lone voice back in Britain defending Trump on the airwaves.

With it seeming he had won the day, Nigel stepped back from frontline politics, providing political analysis for Fox News in America and hosting The Nigel Farage show on British radio station LBC.

In early 2019, he was forced back into Westminster politics in order to stop the Brexit betrayal, founding his new ‘Brexit Party’ to win the May elections in just six weeks of campaigning. This made Nigel the only man in British political history to win two national elections with two different parties.

With Brexit secured under the new Conservative government that Nigel helped to power, it finally looks as though 27 years of hard work has paid off. However, if the establishment drop the ball, he stands ready to step into the breach once more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018