• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dominic Cummings further revelations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    chaff
    Indeed.

Comment

I am a journalist because I sometimes publish fluff on the internet.

I am a chef because I sometimes cook dinners.

I am a racing car drive because I sometimes drive my car in a racy way.

I am not a vigorous pigeon because I think Nigel is a politician and not a journalist.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        I don't understand dictionary definitions

HTH.

FTFY
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

FTFY
          It isn’t enough to read a dictionary. You’re being tripped up by an elementary logical fallacy. A dictionary won’t help you to avoid non sequiturs, you need an education for that.

Comment

It isn’t enough to read a dictionary. You’re being tripped up by an elementary logical fallacy. A dictionary won’t help you to avoid non sequiturs, you need an education for that.
            Vetran is playing an absolute blinder today for poor reasoning, even by his own standards..

Comment

So why do you think a man that prepares and publishes news (actually in a paid engagement) on the radio and in newspapers is not correctly described as a Journalist? That is what the dictionary definition says. Are you saying the dictionary is wrong or incomplete? Or some other reason?

"a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement"

How does fully satisfying the dictionary definition for a word mean you are using it incorrectly?

Comment

So why do you think a man that prepares and publishes news (actually in a paid engagement) on the radio and in newspapers is not correctly described as a Journalist? That is what the dictionary definition says. Are you saying the dictionary is wrong or incomplete? Or some other reason?

"a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement"

How does fully satisfying the dictionary definition for a word mean you are using it incorrectly?
                So are you now saying that Transit vans are cars? The Transit van fully satisfies the dictionary definition for the word "car".

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  So are you now saying that Transit vans are cars? The Transit van fully satisfies the dictionary definition for the word "car".

Hmm I see you are having difficulty with this. No you are suggesting VAN=CAR but we expect no more from you.

Maybe if you look up the definition for van you might realise that the definition for car YOU found is incomplete. Maybe approach the dictionary and suggest additional details. Maybe - "primarily designed for carrying people" or similar.

Are you suggesting in desperation to win that the definition of journalist is incomplete?

Comment

Hmm I see you are having difficulty with this. No you are suggesting VAN=CAR but we expect no more from you.

Maybe if you look up the definition for van you might realise that the definition for car YOU found is incomplete. Maybe approach the dictionary and suggest additional details. Maybe - "primarily designed for carrying people" or similar.

Are you suggesting in desperation to win that the definition of journalist is incomplete?
                    According to a dictionary, all journalists publish and, since Nigel Farage publishes, Nigel Farage is a journalist. That is basically your argument. It isn't that the dictionary definition of a journalist is incomplete (there isn't a complete definition), it's that you thought you could settle this with a dictionary.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      I've just seen the best nickname for him - Otto von Jizzmark.

Who, vetran? We know has some kind of sexual hang-up but surely that's going too far...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X