• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vulnerable people to die from Monday - round 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vulnerable people to die from Monday - round 2

The UK Government has removed a number of vulnerable people from their coronavirus shielding list.

Those who have been self-isolating from the virus for many weeks were informed by text message.

Who has been removed?

People with cancer, liver disease and severe asthma are among those who have been removed from the shielding programme in England, along with liver transplant patients and people on immunosuppressant drugs.

About 2.2 million people were on the government’s shielding list, according to reports dated May 15.

Of those listed, 1.1 million are between the ages of 18 and 69, while 952,027 are aged over 70, and 92,663 are under 18.

So am I getting this right???

Another 50K of above are about to die due to the end of lockdown , then lockdown part 2?

Then repeat until about 400K are dead ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Probably. Keeps the care costs down.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Probably. Keeps the care costs down.
      It's Boris getting fixing Care for the Elderly done.

No doubt the beany wearing alleged psychopath has his fingerprints on the plan.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

One person dies in police brutality, oh such a tragedy. Millions will die due to gov incompetence and overall lack of care for anyone else than their masters... statistic.

Same old.

Anyone with some sense in their head will shield, be prudent for some time..., the rest will be like files on crap when pubs open and than will be stored in fridges.

Comment

I'm still on the "list"...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Fortunately many people are acting sensibly, and vulnerable people are especially likely to be careful.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
              Don't tell him your name, Pike.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The government shielding list was basically code for "you are not getting a ventilator".

But now we know there are loads spare...

Comment

This thread is about the 'shield' list mate, not the sex offenders list .... the list you're on isn't changing.

School's back tomorrow .... stay indoors

* for the sensitive, I'm not really suggesting Scruff is a peado. I'm sure he's a very nice bloke and is safe around kids.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

<tarby>Can I borrow £20?</tarby>

Comment

Working...
                    X