• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I thought blackface was racist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You've already got your thread talking about these things here: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ntbreathe.html

hmm how do you propose to fix it?

Note the accused bit.

The Police officer was fairly polite in the first video. I have been handled like that before when I was stopped and searched, I didn't get offended or annoyed, I was just glad I don't have to do their job.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      hmm how do you propose to fix it?
      Move all your posts on this thread over to your other one, delete them, or ban you for a hundred million years. Or... do nothing. I'm in favour of the latter. Which do you prefer?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        I have been handled like that before when I was stopped and searched, I didn't get offended or annoyed, I was just glad I don't have to do their job.
        This is where I came in (back in the 1980s). I think the next line is "Well, I'm sure you didn't get offended, but you're not being stopped and searched three times a day".
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Move all your posts on this thread over to your other one, delete them, or ban you for a hundred million years. Or... do nothing. I'm in favour of the latter. Which do you prefer?
          Nothing is the most entertaining option.

Comment

This is where I came in (back in the 1980s). I think the next line is "Well, I'm sure you didn't get offended, but you're not being stopped and searched three times a day".
            Well as I was a local youth leader, they drank in my local, my Mate was dating a police officer and the local bobby's wife worked for the family firm so they mostly knew me. It was a small village & medium town. I did get stopped a few times though as a teenager and in my 20s. No real issue, the stops were explained to me and though it was a faff it was all polite & pleasant if I was. Now there are bodycams I suspect the behaviour is more polite.

Things thankfully have moved on from the 80s.

How we use stop and search | The Met

Stop and search remains a hugely important police power for protecting the public, tackling crime and keeping our streets safe.It's an invaluable tool, especially in relation to knife crime; resulting in over 3,500 arrests for weapon possession and for taking several thousand weapons off the streets of London each year.

Stop and search must be used in a fair and effective way that supports public confidence and is independently scrutinised.

Over the past few years we've changed the way we use stop and search, it's now used far less and is much more effective; complaints have reduced by 60 per cent. There are no individual numeric stop and search targets set for officers.
            Presently, 32 per cent, almost one in three of all searches, result in the officer's suspicion being confirmed and an illegal object found or a relevant crime detected. Our arrest rate is now 20 per cent, up from eight per cent in 2011.

Seems to be working, imagine a 32% conversion rate in sales, many salesmen would sleep with you for that.

In 2016, 42 per cent of people who were stopped and searched were white, 40 per cent were black and 14 per cent Asian.
            Just in case you think BAME are over represented in stop & search they are now tracking that.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...nfographic.pdf

48% of all stop and searches were conducted in London.
            The proportion of stop searches in London involving Black suspects was equal to the proportion involving White suspects.

Do you think we should stop? Can you suggest a better tool to stop young men/women (predominately BAME) being killed?

I want to see CCTV with AI & facial recognition then we can push it up to 80>90%. Do you want that?

Comment

and why isnt anyone talking about this?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/915162...ivist-murdered

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
                and why isnt anyone talking about this?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/915162...ivist-murdered
                Ask yourself why alt-right and fascist types like to talk so much about murders of white South African farmers, and you will find the answer to your question.

You will find some clues here:
                White genocide conspiracy theory - Wikipedia
                Last edited by Old Greg; 3 June 2020, 08:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Ask yourself why alt-right and fascist types like to talk so much about murders of white South African farmers, and you will find the answer to your question.

You will find some clues here:
                  White genocide conspiracy theory - Wikipedia

Let us just wait until South Africa becomes the new Zimbabwe. Then we can blame the remaining farmers for the resulting famine.

Comment

south african farmers being brutally murdered and tortured isnt a conspiracy theory

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
                      south african farmers being brutally murdered and tortured isnt a conspiracy theory
                      The fixation on the murder of white South African farmers by alt right / fascist types is, however, part of the white genocide conspiracy theory.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X