• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lasted 1 day in my permie role :banana:

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    Well, you do, you get to a position where you are fairly happy with the role. You get more information, re-evaluate and see if you are still happy.
    If you are not happy you do something about it.

There is always a level of compromise involved, especially when market is not that great, they know it, you know it. An equilibrium is reached in the negotiation when both parties are slightly uncomfortable. You might get a sense of the environment during the interview but a lot of times you find the uncomfortable truth when you start. Sometimes there is effort added during the interview to deviate the conversation from the sensitive parts. You could compromise and live with it or just take to the woods.

If we live, indeed, in the same world, do you make only binary decisions?
    Yes and No

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

FWIW I think you did the right thing. There's only so much you can find out about any role (contract or permie) before you start. Once you're on site and seeing the real lay of the land, you re-evaluate. That's what a probationary period is there for, for perms, and zero notice clauses for tax dodgers.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        FWIW I think you did the right thing. There's only so much you can find out about any role (contract or permie) before you start. Once you're on site and seeing the real lay of the land, you re-evaluate. That's what a probationary period is there for, for perms, and zero notice clauses for tax dodgers.
        Thanks, true, I am confident I am right as well. Just too many grumpy old people around here.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
          Just too many grumpy old people around here.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
          X