• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Garbage news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garbage news

“ The volume of waste produced in the UK has plummeted during the coronavirus lockdown — a trend that may have environmental benefits, but is devastating for many waste collection businesses.

Although households have been producing about 20 per cent more rubbish than usual over the period because people are at home, the level of commercial waste has dropped by around 50 per cent because of closed businesses, said Mr Scanlon, echoing similar figures from other companies.“

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Was that published by the ministry of the obvious?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Was that published by the ministry of the obvious?
      FT front page news...

Comment

There's a couple down the road from us, and every week we play a game "guess how many bin bags they've put out this week?". Bear in mind, this is just 2 adults, no kids.

Most weeks it's about 5 or 6 bags. The least we ever counted was 4, and the most was 11.

It's actually gone down a bit during the lockdown.

I've been half tempted to steal the bags and see WTF it is they're throwing out.
        Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 3 June 2020, 08:26.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          There's a couple down the road from us, and every week we play a game "guess how many bin bags they've put out this week?". Bear in mind, this is just 2 adults, no kids.

Most weeks it's about 5 or 6 bags. The least we ever counted was 4, and the most was 11.

I've been half tempted to steal the bags and see WTF it is they're throwing out.
          I struggle to fill one bag of landfill waste a week. I have more recycling due to all the online shopping and gin drinking (there is no obvious causal relationship between the two)

Comment

Bodies?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Packaging from Amazon deliveries probably - very well packed chalk

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Bodies?

Feed them to pigs.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Skips were closed, collections erratic and conclusion they make that we produce less garbage?

They should check peeps gardens or spare bedrooms.

Comment

Why throw away when MF buys and sells it on Amazon, free next day delivery!

Comment

Working...
                    X