• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    That should prop up housing market nicely - assuming HK residents will be happy in sunny Shires

No good deed goes unpunished

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      I wonder what the journalist Farage thinks about people wanting to come to Britain to escape an oppressive regime?

Glad to see you have realised I am right

Don't worry we will probably accept skilled expats from the EU bloc when it goes to pot!

He has tweeted that he believes the UK should challenge China's position.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        He has tweeted that he believes the UK should challenge China's position.
        Ah yes, Twitter, National Farage is taking a leaf out of Trump's book.

If only he was an elected politician, he could get involved in challenging China's position. But since he is not elected (and even when he was he failed to debate and discuss anything with other politicians), then all he can do is mouth off about it.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Ah yes, Twitter, National Farage is taking a leaf out of Trump's book.

If only he was an elected politician, he could get involved in challenging China's position. But since he is not elected (and even when he was he failed to debate and discuss anything with other politicians), then all he can do is mouth off about it.
          He is following in loads of Politicians footsteps. Seems Sadiq Khan & Jezzy Bell were leading the field in the UK.
          • Most followed political accounts on Twitter in the UK 2019 | Statista

Sorry an elected MEP who precipitated the historic Bexit vote, versus a magic Grandpa whose party are into jew bashing or a Blonde Buffoon who is probably thinking about shagging teenagers.

Comment

"Most followed" <> "most tweets"
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              "Most followed" <> "most tweets"
              and????

However most followed in a politicians is most people engaged so its a good measure of success of the activity.

The @MayorofLondon official Twitter account is the most followed political account in the United Kingdom, having attracted 3.27 million followers. Mayor of London Sadiq Khan’s personal account also features in the top ten, coming in at number five with 1.06 million followers.
              There are plenty of people who tweet incessantly about their breakfast & Booty etc. But I don't follow the Kardashians,
              Last edited by vetran; 3 June 2020, 13:24.

Comment

Idiotic! Those from HK would probably be useful people in general, given that success of migrants tends to reflects that of the country they come from. But, seriously, how could we cope with another 3 million given the current pressures on housing, transport, utilities, our environment, green spaces etc.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Idiotic! Those from HK would probably be useful people in general, given that success of migrants tends to reflects that of the country they come from. But, seriously, how could we cope with another 3 million given the current pressures on housing, transport, utilities, our environment, green spaces etc.
                  Giving right of abode to 3 million people will not lead to 3 million people moving to the UK.

Ireland has a population of about 5 milllion and about 500,000,000 people have the right of abode in Ireland. They don't all move to Ireland.

It is I think to Johnson's credit (and in general terms I think he's an incompetent mendacious fool) that he's considering this.

Comment

Unlikely most of the 5m would come here but, if China starts to restrict freedoms even further, it is quite possible that the number could be very substantial over a relatively short period. Some may be afraid that if they don't get out early, their right to do so could be stopped.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Ireland has a population of about 5 milllion and about 500,000,000 people have the right of abode in Ireland. They don't all move to Ireland..
                      They are waiting for you to move out first...

Comment

Working...
                      X