• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    If PRC is triggered by the UK offering British nationals in Hong Kong a path to citizenship, they could always retaliate by offering British citizens a path to PRC citizenship.
    Chinese passport got that extra non-extradiction value, their tax system probably has not caught up with “loans” too
    Last edited by AtW; 4 June 2020, 06:35.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Idiotic! Those from HK would probably be useful people in general, given that success of migrants tends to reflects that of the country they come from. But, seriously, how could we cope with another 3 million given the current pressures on housing, transport, utilities, our environment, green spaces etc.
      They can buy my BTL portfolio, and then I can finally retire a rich man!

I love the idea of millions of immigrants, as long as they like buying crapholes in Swindon at inflated prices.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        They can buy my BTL portfolio, and then I can finally retire a rich man!

I love the idea of millions of immigrants, as long as they like buying crapholes in Swindon at inflated prices.
        You've really grown as a person over the years. Now you care about whether they like buying them.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          You've really grown as a person over the years. Now you care about whether they like buying them.
          Of course. Then after they've bought them I will support a deportation order.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Of course. Then after they've bought them I will support a deportation order.
            Again, you've grown soft. That will be a mercy after buying in Swindon.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Remember this for the future:

On Wednesday the foreign secretary Dominic Raab said the UK was prepared to pay the price of a free trade deal with China. “Us extending the UK BNO passport holder offer to come to the UK in the way that I have described is not contingent on a free trade deal or anything like that.”

“We wouldn’t allow that to get in the way of us living up to our responsibilities as a matter of principle both for moral reasons and international standing.”

So no Chinese trade deal: China warns the UK to prepare for 'substantial damage' to the economy over Hong Kong | Daily Mail Online

Which leads to this: Ministers plot to allow chlorinated chicken and other poor-quality US imports in to UK supermarkets | Daily Mail Online
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
              X