• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh great the nutters are back!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I have now listened and as you say you don't hear it. However credible eye witnesses can be used as evidence in court. The station has gone on record to say so as have the Wail so they must be pretty sure he did otherwise their lawyers would be qualifying it.
    No, the Wail would happily print it, claim they got it from another source and leave it at that. The original source of the eye witness interview may have put in such qualifications, or may simple put in a retraction if it turned out that the eye witness was T. Robinson or S. Yaxley-Lennon and was actually in Leeds at the time.

Of all the video footage of the George Floyd killing did you hear any of the police make any racist comments or gestures?
    I seem to remember the president saying "taking the knee" was a racist, anti-American gesture, could be wrong though.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      No, the Wail would happily print it, claim they got it from another source and leave it at that. The original source of the eye witness interview may have put in such qualifications, or may simple put in a retraction if it turned out that the eye witness was T. Robinson or S. Yaxley-Lennon and was actually in Leeds at the time.

I seem to remember the president saying "taking the knee" was a racist, anti-American gesture, could be wrong though.
      Oh so you believe they made it up when it happened on a public street, and Broadcast it, then no one has corrected them? His mum hasn't phoned in and said her son would never do that and he isn't even religious, his lawyer hasn't held a press conference claiming Press & Police bias. Blimey that is optimistic of you.

I didn't ask about the orange idiot but about the officers involved. Do you have an actual answer?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Oh so you believe they made it up when it happened on a public street, and Broadcast it, then no one has corrected them?
        Nope. I didn't say that. I'm saying that the Wail has form in publishing things then some time later publishing a tiny apology when they have been found out in the past for making stuff up that matches the message their readers want to hear.

His mum hasn't phoned in and said her son would never do that and he isn't even religious, his lawyer hasn't held a press conference claiming Press & Police bias. Blimey that is optimistic of you.
        Not sure where you get all that from - are you talking about George Floyd or the person who attacked the news presenter?

I didn't ask about the orange idiot but about the officers involved. Do you have an actual answer?
        I'n not watched much of the video footage - only seen a piece a few seconds long where an officer has his knee on the throat of a man lying on the street.
        Perhaps if you have a link to a video that tells more of the story, that would be worth sharing.

Comment

Nope. I didn't say that. I'm saying that the Wail has form in publishing things then some time later publishing a tiny apology when they have been found out in the past for making stuff up that matches the message their readers want to hear.

Not sure where you get all that from - are you talking about George Floyd or the person who attacked the news presenter?

I'n not watched much of the video footage - only seen a piece a few seconds long where an officer has his knee on the throat of a man lying on the street.
          Perhaps if you have a link to a video that tells more of the story, that would be worth sharing.

All newspapers do that, does Channel 9 have form as well?

I am talking about the person that attacked the News reporter. If your son provably wasn't a terrorist but had mental problems most parents would be onto the BBC etc straight away to set the record straight. As would their lawyer. The problem with secret conspiracy theories it is very difficult to keep them secret if they are true or perpetrated in public which is why I love a free press.

I have watched some of the footage of the Floyd killing, more is being released all the time at no time did I see any action to suggest it was racially motivated it just looked like Police brutality / incompetence. As most of the footage will have been analysed by the Press,Police & activists yet none has been put forward to show racism.

Everyone seems to think it was racist without evidence, but you are convinced this chap is innocent of terrorism because you didn't hear him say anything on tape. That strikes me as odd - why?

I have shared details of Chauvin's record,19 years a Police officer 17 years a part time bouncer. He won the medal of valour, was involved in 3 shootings, one directly the suspect who apparently grabbed his gun survived and the suspect pleaded guilty an was convicted of Domestic abuse. Full disclosure the criminal was Black but of course >40% are in Minneapolis.

He had 17 complaints against him of which only one resulted in any official discipline for using a derogatory tone and language. That could be calling a white drug dealer fffn scum for all we know. If the complainant had been black I suspect someone would have mentioned it by now.

I haven't shared Floyd's multiple prison sentences, one 5 year for home invasion & armed robbery or the 9 times he was charged (in multiple states), I have mentioned the autopsy showed he had class A drugs in him which is missing from the private autopsy.

Comment

... you are convinced this chap is innocent of terrorism because you didn't hear him say anything on tape. That strikes me as odd - why?...
            No, you're putting words into my mouth again.

You accused him of "Islamic terrorism".

I pointed out that you had come to that conclusion.

At no time did I say I am convinced he is innocent of terrorism.

It strikes me as odd that you jumped to such a conclusion. Why?

Comment

No, you're putting words into my mouth again.

You accused him of "Islamic terrorism".

I pointed out that you had come to that conclusion.

At no time did I say I am convinced he is innocent of terrorism.

It strikes me as odd that you jumped to such a conclusion. Why?

I reported he had said "Allah Akbar" which suggests his therefore terrorist actions were in service of Allah the Islamic God and that equals Islamic terrorism. Do you agree?

You suggested it was important he didn't say it on tape or you weren't convinced he said it as the Mail makes things up. That seems a bit odd to me.

This sort of argument is normally accompanied by "its not an Islamic terrorist attack" Or he could be a white supremacist etc. Indeed we had a subsequent post that suggested right wing extremism is on the rise almost to counter the suggestion.

I was just upset that terror attacks were back, be they nutters that believe Allah, God, Gaia or Hitler (other causes as well) should be pleased with their actions. aren't you?

Comment

I reported he had said "Allah Akbar" which suggests his therefore terrorist actions were in service of Allah the Islamic God and that equals Islamic terrorism. Do you agree?
                Allah Akbar means "God is great".

Are you saying every time a muslim prays, you equates that to a terrorism offence (since they say Allah Akbar as part of their prayers)?

Do you agree?

You suggested it was important he didn't say it on tape
                I didn't say it was important. I said I listened to the live recording and it certainly wasn't "yelled" anywhere near the lady who was attacked.

Indeed we had a subsequent post that suggested right wing extremism is on the rise almost to counter the suggestion.
                "Islamic" terrorism is right wing extremism. It's like racism. It's not a political thing, it's an ideology.

Comment

Allah Akbar means "God is great".

Are you saying every time a muslim prays, you equates that to a terrorism offence (since they say Allah Akbar as part of their prayers)?

Do you agree?

I didn't say it was important. I said I listened to the live recording and it certainly wasn't "yelled" anywhere near the lady who was attacked.

"Islamic" terrorism is right wing extremism. It's like racism. It's not a political thing, it's an ideology.

Alert desperate out of context argument usage by WTFH!

Muslims don't tend to kill while praying it is against their religion. Islamic terrorist nutters do.

How dare you drag normal decent Muslims into this in your desperate wrigglings? Should we blame the Pope for the IRA?

Anyone who says the Quran advocates terrorism obviously hasn't read its lessons on violence | The Independent

Oh sorry Because you didn't hear it on tape, you challenged the credibility of an eye witness, ignored the possibility if it was not said a correction would be issued and saying the Mail would make it up you didn't mean to imply it didn't happen - Wow!

Nope not the accepted definition.Even the FBI separate them.

Right-wing terrorism - Wikipedia

Islamic terrorism - Wikipedia

Comment

Alert desperate out of context argument usage by WTFH!
                    Alert - Vetran refuses to retract the constant claims/accusations that I've said something I didn't.
                    Refuses to accept that, continues to make claims.

You want "out of context"?

I said I'd listened to the clip. You said:

No I didn't listen to the clip, I believed the eye witness account.
                    I replied to that, then you went back, edited your post and added:

From the source. As you say we can't hear him say it but it is unequivocally stated by the Anchor that he did.

https://twitter.com/9NewsPerth/statu...26431047036934

Interesting your suggestion he didn't say the words despite witnesses is a bit odd!

Do you think it was a racist attack?

Yes a lucky escape.
                    Nope, I said it's not on the live feed.

Then you said:
                    Oh so you believe they made it up
                    When all I said was that the claim was that the guy "yelled", except it's not on the live recording.

Then you said:
                    you are convinced this chap is innocent of terrorism
                    Nope.

Then you said:
                    You suggested it was important he didn't say it on tape
                    Nope.

So, all these unfounded claims of what you think I said, but you now wail that I"m the one taking things out of context? Why?

Comment

Did you listen to the clip?

She's not on camera so it's just a voice over, so we can only listen to what happened. You can't hear him when he "yelled the words Allah Akbar" - if he says it, it's not yelled loud enough to be clear on her mic.
                      She then says "he came up and grabbed me, it's OK, he's not armed".

Good news is that the man has been arrested and charged - effective policing. No one killed.
                      sorry did i make that up then????

Comment

Working...
                      X