• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The brass seem to be getting twitchy...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The brass seem to be getting twitchy...

I wonder how long this one had been sitting in a drawer: https://twitter.com/thejointstaff/st...39884013142017
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    I wonder how long this one had been sitting in a drawer: https://twitter.com/thejointstaff/st...39884013142017
    The USA is a fascinating country. While I'm sure racism exists in their military, it's a very multi-racial set of institutions, and one with fewer barriers to black people rising to the very top. Trump keeps thinking he has total authority in certain areas, but this is an interesting shot across his bow.

Comment

Trump's an odd fellow: he seems to idolise tyrants and dictators whilst disregarding -- maybe even denigrating -- consensus builders and negotiators. He seems to be the archetypal "little man". SAD!

-- Edit --

I see that Mattis is going all in as well: James Mattis Denounces Trump as Threat to Constitution - The Atlantic

-- Edit --
      Last edited by wattaj; 4 June 2020, 08:27. Reason: Additional information.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
        What does that even mean - the note at the bottom isn’t English!

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          It reminds the US military that their allegiance is to the constitution, not the president. Or, for the hard of reading, "we were only following orders" is no defence in law.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Yes it is.

Comment

Did some MOD gig a few years back.

Old-guard are pretty much as you would expect but there is a new generation of higher-ups who are indistinguishable from any every-day civil servant. God help us if there is ever any need for actual combat with another world power.

This Trump bloke has this knack of making them go quite mad.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                Did some MOD gig a few years back.

Old-guard are pretty much as you would expect but there is a new generation of higher-ups who are indistinguishable from any every-day civil servant. God help us if there is ever any need for actual combat with another world power.

This Trump bloke has this knack of making them go quite mad.
                Disturbed toddlers have a knack of making grown ups go quite mad.

Comment

The Jedi are taking over!

Comment

Working...
                  X