• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK's 14-day travel quarantine - nonsense

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK's 14-day travel quarantine - nonsense

What’s everyone’s holiday plans ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Nonsense part is only that it is not going to be strictly enforced in designated facilities

Comment

Part of me thinks it's a bit late

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Is that 99.99999% part of you?

Or is it 1% thinks it's a bit late, 99% say it's very late?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          The brain part

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Late? Yes, but it would be moronic to have such high cost of suppressing virus (which isn’t done yet but at least trends there) and still allow unchecked seeding from other parts of the world where it is and probably will be rampart for some time

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Is that 99.99999% part of you?

Or is it 1% thinks it's a bit late, 99% say it's very late?
              I hadn't really analysed it that far

Mostly very late but there is value in restricting movement as it's hard to enforce where people are actually coming from - a canny person could move around quite freely (for a given value of freely) by taking advantage of which countries are accepting visitors from where. The nationality on your passport means nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Late? Yes, but it would be moronic to have such high cost of suppressing virus (which isn’t done yet but at least trends there) and still allow unchecked seeding from other parts of the world where it is and probably will be rampart for some time
                You're an odd little fellow; aren't you?
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

It's nonsense because of the exclusions...
                  Coronavirus (COVID-19): travellers exempt from English border rules - GOV.UK

Then we have the Cummings clauses:

...they must not go to work, school, or public areas, or have visitors unless they need essential support... They are also not allowed to go out to buy food or other essentials where they can rely on others.
                  So it's OK for "essential support" and also if they can't "rely on others" - then they can go to Durham/Barnard Castle, etc as they are essential journeys to go to people you can rely on.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

They also have to get from the airport to where they are meant to quarantine....
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X