• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Career progression

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Career progression

Web Developer - Colchester - Indeed.co.uk

Wow.

I think we need a new section for all the treasures we find on job portals...
    3 threads already today(at least).

I suggest the section "Bulltulip Jobs"

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

You not going to apply for this one?
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

We already have a section

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          Wow at the advert or how late you are to the party??

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...developer.html
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            You not going to apply for this one?
            No boomer, too much work for me.
            With all those high ethical standards, how is it that you are so bitter and vindictive?

Comment

No boomer, too much work for me.
              With all those high ethical standards, how is it that you are so bitter and vindictive?
              Boomer? Ha ha, not even close. I was born and grew up in the 70's fella

Seems even permie roles are too much work for you - couldn't even last a day. And then you post a bitter rant blaming the company for your inability to ascertain if the job is right for you. Seems the lockdown is taking it's toll on you

Comment

Boomer? Ha ha, not even close. I was born and grew up in the 70's fella

Seems even permie roles are too much work for you - couldn't even last a day. And then you post a bitter rant blaming the company for your inability to ascertain if the job is right for you. Seems the lockdown is taking it's toll on you
                I did not blame anyone. Most of the time have been self-critical.
                Although ... what can I do, I am a snowflake millennial?
                I've started work in 2014 and become a contractor mid 2016.
                So did not get to change to accumulate anything but I do not have liabilities either. Not even student loan.

Why would I do 10h per day doing challenging work, just for the privilege of surviving ?
                To pay tribute in rent to your generation and the previous one so that you can easily retire?
                At most I might be left with 5-10k/ year? What would that get me, not even a decent second hand car.
                Realised it would be too much administrative work and not enough technical challenge to propel me in the next role.

Life's too short to become another corporate stooge running after crappy bonuses and being tired away every day in the hamster wheel.

Comment

I did not blame anyone. Most of the time have been self-critical.
                  Although ... what can I do, I am a snowflake millennial?
                  I've started work in 2014 and become a contractor mid 2016.
                  So did not get to change to accumulate anything but I do not have liabilities either. Not even student loan.

Why would I do 10h per day doing challenging work, just for the privilege of surviving ?
                  To pay tribute in rent to your generation and the previous one so that you can easily retire?
                  At most I might be left with 5-10k/ year? What would that get me, not even a decent second hand car.
                  Realised it would be too much administrative work and not enough technical challenge to propel me in the next role.

Life's too short to become another corporate stooge running after crappy bonuses and being tired away every day in the hamster wheel.
                  That's some chip you got going there on your shoulder fella. You're now blaming the older generation for your current situation.

If you only started working in 2014 then you've seen nothing yet; personally I've had to go through the dearth of roles when I graduated early 90's, then the very high interest rates of the 90's, poll tax, sell off of big industries, the fashion for outsourcing and all that entailed, dotcom boom and bust, 2008 financial crash. Maybe come back in 20 years, when you've faced a few more hard times and tell us how you got on

You sound like a typical snowflake - you want it all now and not prepared to put the work in. From my first job until I started contracting was 17 years. I had to suck it up and do some tulip roles over that time, but, you know what, it's what you have to do to get on in life. So why not drop your attitude, grow up a little, and stop feeling like the world owes you a living.

Comment

That's some chip you got going there on your shoulder fella. You're now blaming the older generation for your current situation.

If you only started working in 2014 then you've seen nothing yet; personally I've had to go through the dearth of roles when I graduated early 90's, then the very high interest rates of the 90's, poll tax, sell off of big industries, the fashion for outsourcing and all that entailed, dotcom boom and bust, 2008 financial crash. Maybe come back in 20 years, when you've faced a few more hard times and tell us how you got on

You sound like a typical snowflake - you want it all now and not prepared to put the work in. From my first job until I started contracting was 17 years. I had to suck it up and do some tulip roles over that time, but, you know what, it's what you have to do to get on in life. So why not drop your attitude, grow up a little, and stop feeling like the world owes you a living.

Don't take me too serious, I am joking most of the time. I believe in hard work as long it is connected with your motivation and aspirations.

Comment

Working...
                    X