• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More things I made

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I got an unsolicited amazon parcel today. All a bit odd, but the outcome is that they've told me to keep it or dispose of it as I see fit.

One of the items are cut resistant gloves - wondered if they might be of any use to you with your leatherwork?

These appear to be the jobby - size M

Grebarley Safety Work Gloves,Cut Resistant Gloves,High Performance Level 5 Protection,EN 388 Certified,Full-Fingers Touchscreen,Cutting Protective Gloves for Kitchen, Work and Outdoor (XL): Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

PM me with your address if you can use them!
    If not, MF will take some of those to place on standby in his cellar.

edit: oh wait, size M.

Comment

I got an unsolicited amazon parcel today.
      Not this scam is it?

The '''brushing''' scam that'''s behind mystery parcels - BBC News
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Not sure - the guy at Amazon said it could be a tracking code error. I guess if it's a one off then no, if I keep receiving free goodies then probably! He passed it on to the "concern" team.

Comment

I got an unsolicited amazon parcel today. All a bit odd, but the outcome is that they've told me to keep it or dispose of it as I see fit.

One of the items are cut resistant gloves - wondered if they might be of any use to you with your leatherwork?

These appear to be the jobby - size M

Grebarley Safety Work Gloves,Cut Resistant Gloves,High Performance Level 5 Protection,EN 388 Certified,Full-Fingers Touchscreen,Cutting Protective Gloves for Kitchen, Work and Outdoor (XL): Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

PM me with your address if you can use them!
          Thanks for the offer, but after losing the tip of one finger I have a healthy respect for my cutting tools & have not had any further "incidents" stabbing via the glovers sewing needles does not count

C5 gloves are handy for gardening if that's of use for you

But they are thick & no good for manual dexterity - I have to wear them when on site, makes using any electronic tool a real pain!
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Oh, well that's vaguely amusing. Second parcel arrived today with something vaguely contract related. Turns out that my client sent me the safety gear cos they want me to break stuff!

Comment

Amazon is still sending mysterious rubber ducks to this man | The Northern Echo

THE mystery of a man who keeps receiving yellow ducks in the post has taken another turn - as Amazon confirms he isn't being scammed.

Peter Jackson of Ushaw Moor, near Durham, has been driven 'quackers' after receiving one new yellow rubber duck almost every day for the past three weeks.

Mr Jackson first told The Northern Echo how puzzled he had become after a total of nine rubber ducks had made their way to his home on New Acres.

Mystery as County Durham man keeps receiving yellow rubber ducks from Amazon
              But in the past week, the 76-year-old has been receiving yet more parcels...and rubber ducks, this time accompanied by some very hilarious messages.

One message, written by someone called 'Ellie Harris' read: "For your boo boos xxx From Fake Doctor."

Meanwhile another read: "DUCK, DUCK....QUACK From Goose."

Speaking to The Echo, Mr Jackson said he still did not know who was behind the mystery parcels but hinted that they appeared to know he had a dog.

He said: "In the past week, I've had more rubber ducks, some Venison Chew Sticks for my dog and Scottish shortbread.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
                My lockdown has been somewhat productive too: I have recycled an old garden bench seat into a side table for sundowners.

M
                I made a pallet out of an old recycled table

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Oh, well that's vaguely amusing. Second parcel arrived today with something vaguely contract related. Turns out that my client sent me the safety gear cos they want me to break stuff!
                  we know a song about that...

bet you are posing on the stairs after that!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    I made a pallet out of an old recycled table

I made some firewood out of an old pallet.

Comment

Working...
                    X