• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stay at home protect the NHS....No mass gatherings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    What exactly do you mean?
    So you're not going to explain what you mean(t). This is a little awkward isn't it, did you think I was a "gammon"?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      So to conclude, one can't criticise the BLM gatherings in the UK in light of covid-19 because of Cummings?
      The people going to the beach, holding VE parties and the political elite who think the rules don't apply to them are mostly white. The people protesting BLM are mostly black.

You can see why the BLM protesters are angry and ignoring the warnings.

They are protesting against systemic racism in society but the only time the political elite have an issue with the rules being breached are when mostly black people break them.

(Incidentally the police have been pissed off with everyone. )
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        The people going to the beach, holding VE parties and the political elite who think the rules don't apply to them are mostly white. The people protesting BLM are mostly black.

They are protesting against systemic racism in society but the only time the political elite have an issue with the rules being breached are when mostly black people break them.

I'll assume good faith; but it's hard to believe from your opening post.

The crowds look very mixed, as a "mostly black" person your reasoning is flawed - because whites did something doesn't motivate me to do something, I can't really see the logic in it, but if you're a POC and that's where you'd derive motivation, sure thing.

Comment

This is bull. All types/class/religion etc of the population have broken lockdown.

It is irrelevant what the protest is about.
          People are being killed by a virus and large groups shouldn't gather. It is the law.
          The virus has the potential to kill people (so we are told).
          So why should the police have to deal with this. Why should NHS staff pick up the pieces.
          We need the economy back - and then protest about climate or what ever you want.
          Dominic Cummings was one person who was right or wrong but not hurting anyone else.
          So i cant see why anyone is ignoring the warnings. Maybe they havent been affected by Covid.

Comment

Seems our BAME cousins prefer Raves, BBQ & DJs.

Police break up street party with DJ and BBQ during coronavirus lockdown in Nottingham

Video: Hundreds of revellers breach lockdown and gather for street party | Daily Mail Online

Harlesden street party of 500 people broken up by police - BBC News

Maybe those that went to the beach come from the nearby hideously white areas that we keep hearing about? Those that went to raves in Harlesdon lived near by? We & our friends haven't been to anywhere risky since lockdown.

Of those forced to resign for breaching lockdown on ITV's list 25% were BAME.

The high-profile figures who have 'breached coronavirus lockdown restrictions' - ITV News

Kyle Walker - Wikipedia

In the Slough area walking around in the parks & streets the mix is Indian sub continent / African, other BAME & white (in that order) as one would expect it is the local mix. Pretty much everyone was respectful and trying to respect 2m distance. Some forgot & some were just too stupid to remember.

People going to London to protest were a mix, Mainly Black & white from the photos and they weren't respecting the lockdown endangering other people.

Do keep making stuff up and trying to defend them.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lockdown is over,innit. Has been for a couple of weeks.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                Unless of course you want to go on a BLM protest.
                Then that is all ok and - forget the virus spreading, forget social distancing, forget NHS staff risking their lives

I thought the risk was potentially higher for BAME as well hence the importance to protect families.
                I thought it was the law and the virus was rampant!
                #confused
                So they'll all die together in a communal pool of their own snot.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Really? Thank you for your interpretation - what would *we* do without you?

Can I have your take on why looting a TV is "sticking it to the white man"?
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Really? Thank you for your interpretation - what would *we* do without you?

Can I have your take on why looting a TV is "sticking it to the white man"?
                    This is exactly what I was saying but more direct. You think so little of us, that the total disregard shown on these marches is OK because of "the ills of the white man".

Watch some Thomas Sowell.

Comment

No need to watch some Thomas Sowell just watch some Trevor Noah.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X