• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BLM London Protest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Why Salisbury?
    Have a guess

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Have a guess
      Fresh out of guesses - sorry if I'm being a bit thick, can you spell it out please?
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        AKA "activists". Or possibly the BNP black ops division...

You have any evidence for that?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Peaceful protests with no vandalism don't make national news.

Vandalise a few war memorials/statues, throw traffic cones at a few police officers heads and have a police horse plus rider ride into a traffic light and your protest is on the front pages.
          Well yes, but it's hardly the sort of news that needs to be on the front pages if we want to reduce racism. Black gang stabbings, Islamic terrorist attacks make the front page too, that's good for perception of those groups?
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Why don't these idiots understand that this sort of thing just raises prejudice?
            Given the comments on here, it's hard to see that the prejudice can rise any higher

You guys who are upset over the concrete having some paint on it so realise that, if the black people communities and PoC were treated the same as white people that there would be no need to protest? Your attitude is why these protests are taking place.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Strange the Iraq war protest, David Kelly protest, Pro & anti Brexit marches didn't result in significant violence or vandalism yet led the news?
              Yes they did. Try using google and you'll find plenty images of white people defacing the same pieces of concrete in London.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Well yes, but it's hardly the sort of news that needs to be on the front pages if we want to reduce racism. Black gang stabbings, Islamic terrorist attacks make the front page too, that's good for perception of those groups?
                When people protest it may not be the way you or I like and if your perception of groups of people is made from how they protest, then it says more about you than them.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  Fresh out of guesses - sorry if I'm being a bit thick, can you spell it out please?
                  You're a clever lad. You'll work it out.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    You have any evidence for that?
                    Exactly as much as supports your world view.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      You're a clever lad. You'll work it out.
                      So instead of protesting they should go and visit Salisbury cathedral because it's nice this time of year?

Is Salisbury cathedral even open to visit right now and if it was would that be sensible advice to give someone?
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X