• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BLM London Protest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 fallen officers: 50 weeks, 38 officers fatally shot in the line of duty - CNN

Maybe a clue to why the police are so brutalised, its more nuanced than all cops are bad. They face scum daily and survival comes first, violence begets violence, and yes the police should be better, but the daily attrition from their job is bound to have effect.

Also note the mundane triviality of the circumstances of cops being shot, not high stakes cops and robbers, just doing a welfare check for one!
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      2019 fallen officers: 50 weeks, 38 officers fatally shot in the line of duty - CNN

Maybe a clue to why the police are so brutalised, its more nuanced than all cops are bad. They face scum daily and survival comes first, violence begets violence, and yes the police should be better, but the daily attrition from their job is bound to have effect.

Also note the mundane triviality of the circumstances of cops being shot, not high stakes cops and robbers, just doing a welfare check for one!
      People who murder police officers do not regularly escape prosecution.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        People who murder police officers do not regularly escape prosecution.

I am still waiting for that list of Police officers who YOU BELIEVE escaped prosecution.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          I am still waiting for that list of Police officers who YOU BELIEVE escaped prosecution.
          Did you take a look at the link I provided for you as a starter?

When you've finished with that, you can look at this one next:

Patrick Dorismond - Wikipedia
          Last edited by Old Greg; 9 June 2020, 10:37.

Comment

Start a fundraiser if you feel strongly. Maybe the Mayor-President of Ceuta would back it. He's from the Popular Party, so not a "lefty". Or the Mayor-President of Melilla from the centre-right Citizens Party.
            Hopefully it would do a lot to harmonise society by highlighting that slavery was a scourge for all and not just those affected by transatlantic slavery

Comment

Sadiq Khan calls for London's slave trader statues to be removed as he orders landmarks review | Daily Mail Online

It's probably time for those statues to go, I mean who were they apart from some white privileged businessmen who made a fortune using slave labour. They represent Victorian values and it's time to move forward.

Plus they are usually fat and ugly bastards.

Who agrees?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Sadiq Khan calls for London's slave trader statues to be removed as he orders landmarks review | Daily Mail Online

It's probably time for those statues to go, I mean who were they apart from some white privileged businessmen who made a fortune using slave labour. They represent Victorian values and it's time to move forward.

Who agrees?
                Have a public consultation about it. Don’t leave the decision to the mob.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Who agrees?
                  I would replace them all with a statue of Richard Whiteley holding a bottle of stolen champagne.

Comment

Did you take a look at the link I provided for you as a starter?

When you've finished with that, you can look at this one next:

Patrick Dorismond - Wikipedia

the grand jury considered the case and found there was none to answer, how is that escaping justice?

Comment

I would replace them all with a statue of Richard Whiteley holding a bottle of stolen champagne.
                      Why?

Wasn't Richard Madeley the wine thief?
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X