• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dear Admin - Polite Request for a Stocks and Shares sub forum...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Admin - Polite Request for a Stocks and Shares sub forum...

As more of us are dabbling(risking our pensions) in shares and investments, please can we have a sub forum where this information can be discussed?

On the proviso that any views are simply that and can not be construed as "Financial Advice"?

Might I suggest a tag line of "Prepare to lose your shirt!" similar to the "All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously." of "General"?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    As more of us are dabbling(risking our pensions) in shares and investments, please can we have a sub forum where this information can be discussed?

On the proviso that any views are simply that and can not be construed as "Financial Advice"?

Might I suggest a tag line of "Prepare to lose your shirt!" similar to the "All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously." of "General"?
    And don't tell Scooty about it...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Why not? I'd have been better off following views of CUKers than investing with via Hargreaves Lansdown with Neil Woodford. Might be some good links.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Call it 'Financial Advise' and then caveat emptor.

Comment

Just stocks and shares? Property also, maybe? Tarbies gambling tips? Wine to buy and put in bond?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Just stocks and shares? Property also, maybe? Tarbies gambling tips? Wine to buy and put in bond?
            So basically, everything except Bitcoin?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              So basically, everything except Bitcoin?
              Sounds right. Scamcoins can go in scheme enquiries.

Comment

I'd take a gambling tip off Tarby before I bought bitcoin, that's for sure.

Comment

Imagine how raw you'd feel if a single Bitcoin is worth $1,000,000 at the end of the decade. Just let it sink in for a moment. Prejudice aside, emotions to one side, forget how you feel about Scooty.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If we're going to have a sub-forum I suggest we also have a leader board - top earners for a given month or something.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X