• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reuters Fact check: London’s Cenotaph war memorial was not defaced on 3 June

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now trying to set alight the Union Flag on the Cenotaph.

https://twitter.com/dawkinsreturns/s...023046145?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      Doesn’t mean you have to smash stuff up, or go looting, or vandalising does it?
      They're trying to get attention for their cause. They look at potential 'targets' - they could have gone for Cromwell's statue, but that wouldn't trigger the racists. Now, Churchill and a flag ... that will get some excellent click bate and prime time news.

Of course, we could change society and stamp out racism, then your sacred bit of concrete will be left alone
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        They're trying to get attention for their cause. They look at potential 'targets' - they could have gone for Cromwell's statue, but that wouldn't trigger the racists. Now, Churchill and a flag ... that will get some excellent click bate and prime time news.

Of course, we could change society and stamp out racism, then your sacred bit of concrete will be left alone
        Their cause is violence and anarchy.

Comment

The cause of the very small minority of people who are being violent and anarchical is indeed violence and anarchy.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            The cause of the very small minority of people who are being violent and anarchical is indeed violence and anarchy.
            A few bad eggs eh...?

Comment

Ok, I'll play the game.

I think it's fair to agree that racism is still an issue in our society. You don't agree with the methods that are currently being used to highlight the racism and to try and force a change in society, so, come on, why don't you stand up and come up with a better way? Instead of sitting on your substantial @rse, give the BLM guys a call and tell them your peaceful strategy.

Unfortunately when views like yours are so entrenched in society it requires a certain amount of force to, well, 'force' change. I get you don't like it - you don't want the change to happen.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

White Momentum thugs have hijacked a just cause and turned it in to riot. Who could of expected that to happen.

But you know one murderous American police officer = BoJo, UK Police being systematically racist with no over sight (except they have Independent Overview of any race issue in the police)

A bunch of thugs rioting against unprotected police offers and desecrating war memorials = legitimate means of protest.
                Last edited by BlueSharp; 8 June 2020, 08:10.
                Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Reuters Fact check: London’s Cenotaph war memorial was not defaced on 3 June

Ok, I'll play the game.

I think it's fair to agree that racism is still an issue in our society. You don't agree with the methods that are currently being used to highlight the racism and to try and force a change in society, so, come on, why don't you stand up and come up with a better way? Instead of sitting on your substantial @rse, give the BLM guys a call and tell them your peaceful strategy.

Unfortunately when views like yours are so entrenched in society it requires a certain amount of force to, well, 'force' change. I get you don't like it - you don't want the change to happen.
                  I would focus on the findings and recommendations of the Casey Review; as poverty and social isolation are the substantive route cause for the remaining racism in this country. IMHO.

The Casey Review: a review into opportunity and integration - GOV.UK
                  Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 8 June 2020, 11:07.

Comment

perhaps if the protesters educated themselves they would realise that africans werent the only victims of the slave trade, its an evil trade for sure but they werent always the victims, indeed they were perpetrators

it doesnt fit with the current narrative, but if people understand this then they may feel less victimised, calm down and act more reasonably

Slavery on the Barbary Coast - Wikipedia

"between 1 million and 1.25 million Europeans were captured by Barbary pirates and sold as slaves "
                    Last edited by mrdonuts; 8 June 2020, 08:28.

Comment

Ok, I'll play the game.

We are the least racist and most tolerant society. If anything racism has grown not in regular society but in ethnic sub cultures to better sharpen the differences they want to project. Whole societies are based on a form of racism such as the Indian sub continent with its caste system and the Arab and East European societies where slavery and servitude are prevalent. Where we are now with UK society is a position where action against racism is more likely to deplete society of its goodwill and sharpen differences than fix any racist issues. Our racism is already in general at a minimum level.

Violent protest and egregious damage won't fix anything and should be met with the perpetrators given criminal records. The toppling of a statue in Bristol is an example of wanton vandalism that will only serve to impoverish society. We understand the future by understanding the past so to deny history makes us blind to the right paths forward

Comment

Working...
                      X