• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Little Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't find Little Britain particularly funny, it's not really my type of comedy, but why was no-one outraged about it then when it came out? It ran for a good few years.
    You might say times have changed in the last 15 years but if that's the case, why was no-one outraged about it last month?
    When something bad happens, people start looking for stuff to be outraged about & a pile on ensues. Stuff that didn't even register with them a week ago. Stuff they'll have forgotten all about before too long.
    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      That one aged pretty quickly.
      About ten years. Which just shows how morality is utterly relative
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
        I don't find Little Britain particularly funny, it's not really my type of comedy, but why was no-one outraged about it then when it came out? It ran for a good few years.
        You might say times have changed in the last 15 years but if that's the case, why was no-one outraged about it last month?
        When something bad happens, people start looking for stuff to be outraged about & a pile on ensues. Stuff that didn't even register with them a week ago. Stuff they'll have forgotten all about before too long.
        People probably were if they could stand to watch it all the way through.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I remember liking Little Britain when it came out - it was nothing special mind you - but don't really remember it being problematic. Clearly attitudes change and I'm a bit more aware of things now than I was back then.

Come Fly With Me though...that was only 10 years ago and I never really watched it but with sketches like this I'm amazed it made it to air:

YouTube

I don't really know how I feel about them being removed because they are offensive. Clearly a business can gatekeep its content however it wants and if they feel its inappropriate that's their decision, but I do sometimes worry about where you draw the line on comedy being "offensive".

Comment

They're a pair of grotesques.

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
              They're a pair of grotesques.
              That was Little Britain's modus operandum, yes.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

'Come fly with me' was very funny.
                They are both very clever and take the piss out of everyone - especially different 'classes' in the UK.
                Not sure if that's been taken down. But some of it did sail close to the wind.

Comment

Has this one been targeted yet?

YouTube

"This is not my sandwich"

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                    Has this one been targeted yet?

YouTube

"This is not my sandwich"
                    I mean...racists ARE the butt of the joke here right? The irony with this kind of thing is that racists will enjoy it too, unaware they are the people being targeted. A bit like Til Death Us Do Part?

Comment

Can we not just have Little Britain and The Office both taken off because they're crap?
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X