• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I won, get over it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    FTAOD Boris is dong a good job in difficult times much better than any alternative could do.

And, just in case you missed that ......
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by JozefBlofeld View Post
      I don't know why you're being so hard on the guy.

He was clearly voted in on a huge majority, and once he masters the fundamentals of the English language, and can string two sentences together in it, he'll be a great sub-prime minister.

Tosh. Corbyn was clearly voted out on a huge majority. That was clear when they interviewed converted northern labour seats & their get B done drivel.

Folks can blame the quality of the opposition, I blame the 300 year old first fast the post system. If the UK was still rural plots of farmland ruled by wealthy landlords, great use FPTP. Today however - it may as well be a soft dictatorship.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

And, just in case you missed that ......
        Taz is hard of thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Tosh. Corbyn was clearly voted out on a huge majority. That was clear when they interviewed converted northern labour seats & their get B done drivel.

Folks can blame the quality of the opposition, I blame the 300 year old first fast the post system. If the UK was still rural plots of farmland ruled by wealthy landlords, great use FPTP. Today however - it may as well be a soft dictatorship.

Be serious if they had put Sir Keir up in time (as I recommended years ago) Boris would have at least have a much reduced majority if not his p45.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            The ones who die early due to government incompetence won't.
            The ones who die for any reasons won't.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Johnson has done a bad job in difficult times. He should have brought the UK into lockdown earlier. It was clear then.
              Agree, cautiously agree, disagree.

I know we're all about seeing the past through the eyes of the present right now, but there were far fewer voices calling for lockdown back then than there are voices now saying it's obvious we should;ve locked down earlier.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I know we're all about seeing the past through the eyes of the present right now, but there were far fewer voices calling for lockdown back then than there are voices now saying it's obvious we should;ve locked down earlier.

There were plenty of voices. They were shut down and ridiculed.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  There were plenty of voices. They were shut down and ridiculed.
                  As demonstrated by The Bozo visiting a CV19 hospital ward & shaking every hand the clown could find.

The only pity is that he survived his arrogant stupidity.

But then, the looks after his own.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

You weren't listening to the voices.

Does Cheltenham Festival ring any bells?

Comment

Working...
                    X