• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Racists' Anger Matters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    I was merely pointing out racism is not a white prerogative and it fully exists within BAME communities. But its quite ironic how you and OG go on about 'gammons' being triggered and then those poor Africans were so triggered (your words) that they slaughtered nearly a million people.
    That's not irony.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      That's not irony.

HTH
      nah its hypocrisy on your part.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Mind you, my sister used to live in Kent, and used to visit a dying neighbour (young-ish guy) in hospital in London when she was in town. None of his family would visit because of the blacks in London.
        i said we're more progressive, we're certainly not perfect by any means. if we were, we wouldn't be arguing with peeps about BLM
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          i said we're more progressive, we're certainly not perfect by any means. if we were, we wouldn't be arguing with peeps about BLM

No we would be discussing them sensibly and fixing the real issues. Unfortunately both sides seem to want their own way.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            nah its hypocrisy on your part.
            Off you for. See if you can demonstrate your assertion (hopefully in your usual style).

hypocrisy
            noun [ U ]
            disapproving
            UK /hɪˈpɒk.rɪ.si/ US /hɪˈpɑː.krə.si/

C2

a situation in which someone pretends to believe something that they do not really believe, or that is the opposite of what they do or say at another time:

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
              I was merely pointing out racism is not a white prerogative and it fully exists within BAME communities. But its quite ironic how you and OG go on about 'gammons' being triggered and then those poor Africans were so triggered (your words) that they slaughtered nearly a million people.
              Firstly, I've not read all OG's posts but I've certainly never mentioned gammons, so stop making things up.

Also, no one is saying that only white people are racist, and that POC here in the UK, or anywhere else in the world, aren't racist. Racism exists across all countries in the world I would think, to a certain extent. But we're talking about our country and how to remove it from our society. Stop with the 'whataboutery' and think about what we can do in the UK to remove prejudice based on skin colour.

As for Rwanda, why not do a bit of reading on what caused the problems in their society, and the trigger points, (different to you being triggered ) then come back and have an adult conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Feel like I need to defend these guys, both are decent blokes. Did not spout racist crap.

The most racist thing I've heard was when I dropped off an Indian colleague at the train station. He did not like Pakistanis.
                As just posted to Gibbon, it's not only white people who can be racist, but this BLM movement is primarily racism against black people mostly instigated by white people. Let's remove this racism eh, where as white people our direct actions can actually make a change.

Re: Indians and Pakistanis disliking each other, well that's not a surprise is it? No one is saying that this racism doesn't exist but it's less prevalent in the UK, and has less of an impact on the life choices of these two communities; in the UK it will still be the white person's attitude to Indians or Pakistanis that will impact them more. Again, something we can personally make a positive with regards.

Re your mates, I wasn't asking you to defend them. They may be decent chaps. I was merely explaining my experience having lived in SA. It's also worth saying that the views of Afrikaners with Dutch ancestry were far more extreme than I ever heard from 'British' Saffers.
                Last edited by Whorty; 11 June 2020, 12:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  As just posted to Gibbon, it's not only white people who can be racist, but this BLM movement is primarily racism against black people mostly instigated by white people. Let's remove this racism eh, where as white people our direct actions can actually make a change.

Re: Indians and Pakistanis disliking each other, well that's not a surprise is it? No one is saying that this racism doesn't exist but it's less prevalent in the UK, and has less of an impact on the life choices of these two communities; in the UK it will still be the white person's attitude to Indians or Pakistanis that will impact them more. Again, something we can personally make a positive with regards.

Re your mates, I wasn't asking you to defend them. They may be decent chaps. I was merely explaining my experience having lived in SA. It's also worth saying that the views of Afrikaners with Dutch ancestry was far more extreme than I ever heard from 'British' Saffers.
                  I'm shocked at your prejudicial stereotyping.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    No we would be discussing them sensibly and fixing the real issues. Unfortunately both sides seem to want their own way.
                    What exactly do the racists want, apart from nothing to change?

It seems to me all the black protesters are asking is to be treated equally. To see the person and not the skin colour. That's a pretty basic request and something we all the power to do.

They also ask that history be properly explained and we don't revere certain people (mostly Victorians but others too) who may have done some good but also had some (arguably) racist views. Don't forget, many of these kind, generous, altruistic rich white men could only be so by exploiting/trading slaves.

History is very rarely simple but many of these statues only have plaques explaining the good but no reference to the bad. Probably time we took some of these old statues down and put them in a museum where we can properly explain the person, warts and all.

Comment

I'm shocked at your prejudicial stereotyping.
                      I was going to add a note to that, but left it as is to trigger a few on here

Comment

Working...
                      X